What music gets you truly in the workout 'zone'?

Options
OK, so when I am working out I simply LOVE listening to musci as it really gets me in the zone to work up a sweat!! :wink: Music plays a massive part in my life and for me there are just certain songs/pieces of music that trigger different reactions.

One of my favourite songs to workout to at the moment is 'Sweat' by Snoop Dogg and it really gets me moving and I cannot stop - especially on the Elliptical Trainer - watch me go!!!!! :laugh:
I also love a remix of War Of The Worlds (random I know) .......it is a powerful piece of music and kind of builds as the song goes on and this in turn keeps me moving.

So my question to you all is what is your favourite piece of music to workout to?

You never know, this could end up being a great 'workout' track listing and might inspire people to try out new music.......................

Replies

• theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love anything with a peculiar beat, or a beat that changes a few times within one song. That's why my workout songs tend to be Aarmin van Buuren, Deadmau5, or any kind of house/techno music. I also really like dubstep! :X
  • lordofultima
    lordofultima Posts: 293
    Options
    Strangely enough, I enjoy a good big band swing, maybe some Frank Sinatra...or orchestral/classical instrument soundtracks. For weight lifting anyway. For cardio, some high-tempo electronic music does the trick.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Honestly as weird as this sounds I love intense workouts to Worship music, I don't know if you guys are religious but its pretty awesome. When I'm not in the mood then definitely some really hard rock with very fast riffs and drums.. that's what helps me :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Gotta be rap/hip hop: Jay Z, Kanye, Biggie, Drake, Lil Wayne the list is long. Makes it so much easier to get lost in the work out and the time flies by!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    30 Seconds to Mars' entire "This is War" album.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    for me its more about the beat... like techno, house, dance kind of stuff. Sometimes some nice rock and roll can do it... it used to get me worked up before a football game.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Right now, the songs I tend to play over and over again while I'm working out are "I gotta feeling" (Black Eyed Peas), "It's Raining Men" (The Weathergirls), and "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" (Enrique Inglesias and Ludacris)... They all have this quick tempo that keeps my steps fast and strong...and I always want to hear the whole song(s), so I keep moving till they're over! If I'm in the middle of a mile or something like that when a song ends, I start the next one and the cycle keeps going!! ;)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Some 90's Hip-Hop and some Hard Rock like AC/DC.

I actually play Pandora on my cell phone, or another music application and listen to that as well. I get tired of some of the songs I have on my SD Card
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Honestly as weird as this sounds I love intense workouts to Worship music, I don't know if you guys are religious but its pretty awesome. When I'm not in the mood then definitely some really hard rock with very fast riffs and drums.. that's what helps me :)

My husband put this list together. Thought you might like it.

Tonight - tobyMac
    NY2LA - Press Play
    We Shine - Stellar Kart
    Shut Me Out - Kutless
    Mess of Me - Switchfoot
    Welcome to the Masquerade - Thousand Foot Crutch
    Keys to the Kingdom - Thousand Foot Crutch
    Get This Party Started - tobyMac
    Live Life Loud - Hawk Nelson
    Desperate - Fireflight
    I Can't Do This - Plumb
    Walls- Manic Drive
    Awake and Alive- Skillet
    Grey- BarlowGirl
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like to workout to Queen and T Rex, really gets me moving.