30D Shred or Ripped in 30?

Options
mostein
mostein Posts: 200 Member
Which video do you guys prefer? I was also looking at the "six week 6 pack" and "banish fat boost metabolism" anybody tried these?

Replies

• sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the ripped in 30 but I am currently doing the 30DS. I guess it depends on what shape you are in. I hadn't worked out in quite some time and the 30DS kicked my butt! I ordered the banish fat and no more trouble zones because after i finish up with the 30DS I am trying the jillian michael's slimdown...you can google it, its a whole plan that rotates the 3 videos (including the 30ds) in a certain order that is suppose to really help with slimming down:) Hope this helps!!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have BFBM (love it), Shred in 30 (loved it) and I have Ripped in 30 (love it/hate it right now,lol. Its really challenging!!)
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love 30-day shred!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    30DS is a good base for Ripped in 30. I finished the Shred last month and am doing RI30 this month. I also did 6W6P for the first time this month and it's pretty killer! You'll sweat loads and it's a great workout. I mix it in during the week and do it after Ripped. I also have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (can you tell I'm a Jillian fan? Haha) and it's similar cardio moves to what is in the Shred but it's 40-min long. A lot of people on here are fans of it. Either way, all of her workouts are done in interval style and they will make you work! :tongue:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have all of those DVDs and 30 Day Shred is BY FAR my favorite!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am in love with BFBM, it is my all time fav. I can burn 450 cals give or take. Then it is 6week 6pack I do not like the first one bc there is way more floor abs and it hurst my neck, but the second half is so kick butt, i sweat like crazy and can burn +/- 325 cals. Also the 30DS is great but the least fav of the three. I also read if you are already used to working out you can skip level 1 in the 30DS. Good luck
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I didn't love 30 Day Shred. I really didn't like the results I was (or should I say wasn't) getting from it. It worked my shoulders and back too much and not enough for my abs.
    I just started week 2 of Ripped in 30. It kicks my butt - but I'm a little older than some of you, so that's ok. I'm already seeing some small differences in my abs. There is a LONG way to go, but it does seem to be working.
    Here is a link to our Ripped thread and you can see my 1 week progress pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/256131-starting-jm-ripped-in-30-on-monday?page=2

I hope you join us!
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love 30-day shred!

I am thinking about getting the 30 Day Shred. Where di you notice the most toning? Or, could you tell me
    did it help tone your arms? Thanks
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i have 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week Six Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. LOL!!! i enjoy them all and like to alternate them as well as run. i'm especially loving Ripped in 30 though!!! i'm toning up something fierce!!!
  • flukes9
    Options
    It works my whole body, which is why I like it. I notice a difference in my abs, thighs, hips, arms, and back. My arms are in pretty good shape (it's my lower half that needs the most work), so occasionally I will do other exercises during an arm segment, so I'm still moving the entire time, even if I do something different than the video for a minute. I like doing a short 20-minute workout but knowing it was a hard-core workout for my whole body.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I want to order all of them now! I am going to take a look at that slimdown thing as well.
  • aimee223
    aimee223 Posts: 3
    Options
    how do you put the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred into my exercise??
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Either! I'm halfway done as of today with Level 2 of 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it. Once I get closer to my goal, I'm going to try Ripped in 30. I've also done her No More Trouble Zones DVD and it's a killer! It's an hour long so that's the main reason I stopped - just couldn't devote that much time plus 30 minutes or more for cardio afterwards just so I could sit on the toilet a few days later (she'll make your thighs scream, trust me). But from what I've heard and done myself, any of her videos will benefit you! As long as you put 100% into the workout, you'll see results. Try heavier weights if you have to but I believe every woman should try her videos.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    30DS was amazing! Loved it! She is coming out with a new video in September that I really want to get!

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Killer-Buns-Thighs/dp/B0051GLDQI/ref=sr_1_16?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1310790571&sr=1-16

I hope I someday have ALL her DVD's! Ha
  • flukes9
    Options
    So, I still love 30-day shred, but I just bought ripped in 30 today and did my first workout and holy cow, it whooped my butt! I love that it's the same concept (3-2-1) as 30-day shred, but I was bored of those workouts and now I'm excited to have something new to try! I never can do the diet plan but at least I can get the exercise! Now the hard part is sticking with it for a full 30 days. (except for the weekly rest day)