Suprise food love

Monkeymin
Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
On the Flip side to my "what do you not want in your home thread",

What healthy food could you not live without and came as a total shock that you enjoyed it?

I think mine is Asparagus, I just couldn't live without it now. It's very versatile too. I've learnt to make lots of meals with it,

Replies

• janelet
    janelet Posts: 3 Member
    Have you tried chilli rice cakes? Great alternative if you fancy a bag of crisps . I love Asparagus too!

If you like a drink, try vodka and cranberry juice with a squeeze of lime
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    I used to think brown rice was an abomination. Now there's a half-empty 20 lb bag in my cabinet.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    I found out yesterday that I love blueberries!! I always thought they didn't taste nice,but decided to try them.
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Oatcakes and peanut butter (only small amounts though) I feel like I've eaten proper food when I've had my peanut butter fix, oh, and it has to be crunchy lol x
  • Monkeymin
    Have you tried chilli rice cakes? Great alternative if you fancy a bag of crisps . I love Asparagus too!

If you like a drink, try vodka and cranberry juice with a squeeze of lime

ooo yeah i love Chilli rice cakes :)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    I used to think that I didn't like carrots without ranch when raw, but now I realize they are quite sweet by themselves!
  • Monkeymin
    I used to think that I didn't like carrots without ranch when raw, but now I realize they are quite sweet by themselves!

I was like that, I thought I could only eat raw veggies with hummus or garlic and onion dip. Now I enjoy them on their own more often.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    edamame
    baba ganoush
    hummus
    whole wheat pasta
This discussion has been closed.