Me lose weight? No WAY...

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
When I started to diet (yet again) I decided I would not become obessed as I have in the past. Ok, so that didnt work. I weigh every day...at least now it is only 1x, big improvement.

It is hard to not be somewhat obsessive when you have to log everything you eat and all exercise. I also know me, and this is the ONLY way I can lose.

So I have followed MFP plan with some tweeking (I like more protein, less carbs) Read up on threads from people who have accomplished a LOT. Listened to advice from MFP'rs who are physical therapists, nutritionists, dieticians....and just plain folks who have the experience. :love:

I am celebrating 20 pounds lost to me forever. I know it is forever because in 4 months I have changed my relationship with food. I dont use it as a crutch or a reward, I use it to fuel my body.

Today I choose to eat well, exercise and love myself.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to obtain this huge goal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

( I just made this thread so I could see the ticker say Lost 20 lbs!!):bigsmile:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    When I started to diet (yet again) I decided I would not become obessed as I have in the past. Ok, so that didnt work. I weigh every day...at least now it is only 1x, big improvement.

It is hard to not be somewhat obsessive when you have to log everything you eat and all exercise. I also know me, and this is the ONLY way I can lose.

So I have followed MFP plan with some tweeking (I like more protein, less carbs) Read up on threads from people who have accomplished a LOT. Listened to advice from MFP'rs who are physical therapists, nutritionists, dieticians....and just plain folks who have the experience. :love:

I am celebrating 20 pounds lost to me forever. I know it is forever because in 4 months I have changed my relationship with food. I dont use it as a crutch or a reward, I use it to fuel my body.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to obtain this huge goal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

( I just made this thread so I could see the ticker say Lost 20 lbs!!):bigsmile:
  • monne
    monne Posts: 24
    WAY TO GO ON THE 20 POUNDS!!! YOU ROCK GIRL!!!

I think we all know who you feel. It's hard changing the way we are but we need to do it. We all need to get healthy.I have a few friends that are tiny little things but are in worst chape then me. Thank god i love to exersice and since i've been back on track i realize that i was missing the taste of healthy food. Don't get me wrong i still srave those chips once in a while. Congrats again on your weight lost!!!

Monique
  • Good for you! i hear ya, my relationship with food is changing alot.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Congrats on the 20 lbs, but even greater is your new perspective! Thanks for sharing!
    :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    The change in relationship is the biggest thing and a HUGE congrats to you for that and for you loss!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Way to go. Good Job!!!!!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    that is awesome- way to go!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Woohoo!!! :drinker: 20 pounds in the dust, forever! :bigsmile:

.......great post! Congrats on your accomplishment! :wink:

My relationship with food has definetly changed too. For nutritional value, to portion sizes, and what I crave. Now I can focus on my exercise routine and what works best for me. I love the invigorating feeling after an intense workout. I feel stronger, more self-confident, and just happier.

Much love to my MFPer's for all the support and guidance! :heart:
  • Congratulations!!!:drinker: That's really wonderful! It feels good to reach goals
  • Great job. I'm slowly getting there myself!!

You are insperation to others!:drinker:
  • ladyprincess99
    ladyprincess99 Posts: 70 Member
    YAY WTG :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Woohoo!!! :drinker: 20 pounds in the dust, forever! :bigsmile:

.......great post! Congrats on your accomplishment! :wink:

My relationship with food has definetly changed too. For nutritional value, to portion sizes, and what I crave. Now I can focus on my exercise routine and what works best for me. I love the invigorating feeling after an intense workout. I feel stronger, more self-confident, and just happier.

Much love to my MFPer's for all the support and guidance! :heart:

Yes, that is my goal now. I have incorporated heavier weights and am getting MUSCLES! Wow, Jeannie with muscles??/YES it can happen.

(thanks to psyk girl for starting the awsome thread on lifting!)

Now I have increased my exercise goal an addl 10 min a day. Next will be intensity. turbo jam, or one of those videos I think

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, it means a lot to me :smooched: :smooched:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I always think of pounds lost as bags of sugar! Try working out holding onto those 5 pound bags of sugar...FOUR of 'em! You are doing GREAT!:flowerforyou:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    WooHoo!!! That's awesome! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Wow congratulations! :) What a huge accomplishment :D Way to go!
  • arewethereyet
    thanks everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

i am so happy I celebrated with a 10 minute ab workout! Cant do my cardio today cuz I got an injection in my foot. Its all good.

Think I really throw down tonight and do bicep curls! Durn I am a lot of fun! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member

Do you even realize the wisdom you have posted, in just those three sentences?
    1. You have changed your relationship with food. What a truly life changing accomplishment!
    2. You choose to love yourself. How many of us fail at this seemingly simple idea? But until we DO love ourselves, despite our past, we will never truly become our altogether!
    3. You made a thread just to see your progress! YEA!! We all need to celebrate the success in our life, and enjoy that WE did it! YEA you! (and yea all My Family Peeps in here as well) Sparkle Kilt hugz and luvya! :drinker: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Congrats

Come chat online. Here is the website http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat/
  • arewethereyet

Do you even realize the wisdom you have posted, in just those three sentences?
    1. You have changed your relationship with food. What a truly life changing accomplishment!
    2. You choose to love yourself. How many of us fail at this seemingly simple idea? But until we DO love ourselves, despite our past, we will never truly become our altogether!
    3. You made a thread just to see your progress! YEA!! We all need to celebrate the success in our life, and enjoy that WE did it! YEA you! (and yea all My Family Peeps in here as well) Sparkle Kilt hugz and luvya! :drinker: :bigsmile: :heart:

Jamerz you made me cry :cry:

I just love you guys. :love: You always make me feel good about myself and give me great wisdom.

Now I think I will celebrate by using my new pilates video..cia :smooched:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Congrats!!!!!
    Keep up the GREAT work!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!