Do not want to eat anymore

Options
So let me start off by saying that before i found MFP I was like many not motivated, not really doing much to lose weight. Actually I was eating and eating and eating. If there was a bag of doritos in the cabinet I couldn't resist eating the whole bag, Or oreos, or pudding or any food in the house for that matter. So when I started my calorie counting it was hard at first by about a month in it was much easier and I was seeing results feeling great but still every now and then I felt like I neeeeeeeeded my snacks >.<, Two months in, Still keeping my calories down, still getting results, Need for snacks fast food Etc.. Gone :D YAAAY .. ok two and a half months in and now I'm forgetting I need food. I don't think to eat till 1 or 2 and even then I'm not really wanting anything so I force myself to have some toast. Or a few boiled eggs but then I have dinner cause it is just a family routine but I'm only eating like 800 calories and then my husband will look at it and make me eat something worth 400 cal right before bed and that cant be be good, Not bad stuff but like fruit and stuff.. I'm just wondering does anyone else have this issue? and what do you do about it .

Replies

• shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    Only eating 800 calories is bad. Your body will go into starvation mode and losing weight will not occur. Try having a healthy snack that is high in calories like nuts, peanut butter, etc.... It may be hard, but consuming 1200 calories or more is key to keeping the weight off. This is especially important if you're working out too!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Eating a good breakfast may revv up your metabolism and make you hungry throughout the day. It's awesome that you're not reaching for junk food anymore, but you need to make sure you're giving your body enough nutrition! Lack of hunger doesn't necessarily mean your body doesn't need more nutrition; it could be a sign of your metabolism slowing down.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    For the most part I have been eating a few hundred (average is 400) under my calories.. especially if I am working out hard... and sometimes I am just not hungry. I say your body will let you know if it is hungry, if you are still seeing results then keep doing what you're doing. But if you are hungry then def. eat!! JMO.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I understand your body is getting used to working with less food in it, but I would have to say eating earlier than 1 or 2 would be better. Eating breakfast gets your metabolism going, allowing you to burn food better later in the day. Find something you can eat in the morning even if it is just a piece of fruit.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the SAME THING! I've had coffee and a lean cuisine today! Lol! I do grab a protein bar (mainly because it cures the urge for chocolate) and I'm perfectly fine with not eating! I know it's bad, but my body isn't giving me the signals it used to. It's actually helping me make better decisions on what I put in my body. I'm not going to fight it right now, mainly because I'm sure it won't last forever, but I'm taking advantage of the lack of hunger. I know my body will give me signals, like fatigue, cramps, etc, when I need to step it up.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean.. It's really hard to eat when you don't have an appetite. but try for a minimum of 1200 NET calories/day or you are depriving yourself of nutrients your body needs to function. Every once in a while below that is okay, but don't make it a habit.. just like going over your calories once in a while is okay, but just dont make it a habit. :) hope this helped.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You're diary is incomplete so hard to advise. But you need to try and stay above 1200 but eating just before bed is not good either.

I would work on drinking your water, 64 oz per day and eating more protein. Lean Meats, fish, greek yogurt, cottage cheese would all be helpful.

Take Care and You can do it!
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    You're diary is incomplete so hard to advise. But you need to try and stay above 1200 but eating just before bed is not good either.

I would work on drinking your water, 64 oz per day and eating more protein. Lean Meats, fish, greek yogurt, cottage cheese would all be helpful.

I think I would listen to someone who has lost this much weight. Way to go.
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I think I would listen to someone who has lost this much weight. Way to go.

Yeah My diary is incomplete for Friday thru Sunday, I went out of town for a convention and I didn't have internet access. And YES thank you every one! this does help alot I was so worried that It was just me and maybe something was wrong. Im kinda scared to think My metabolism is slowing down >.<. But listening to all of you I think Im just going to stock up on a bunch of healthy snacks and try and leave some here and there where I can see them... Coffee table above the dryer, Desk lol Thanks so so Much!!!!! <3<3<3 Oh yeah and I love water!!!!!! I dont always recored it but I drink tons of it!!!