Can I drink diet soda and still lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• empressklo
    Options
    Also, thanks for the comments. You guys made me laugh. I love me some pop. I am not sure I will ever be able to go without. Hopefully some day.
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i try to limit myself to 1 (no more than 2) sodas a day
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have a can every day at work during lunch. However, I make sure I drink half of my daily requirement of water BEFORE my lunch break, and half after. I don't really enjoy water, so the Pepsi Max at lunchtime is kind of my 'reward' for getting through the litre of water. I must admit it's purely for the taste, and doesn't do anything in the way of quenching thirst. I've discovered that water really does quench my thirst.... Funny that...
  • sonyaromo
    sonyaromo Posts: 1
    Options
    I have not had one soda pop in two weeks but sure would like just a glass a day would help. so i am better off drinking a regular soda than diet? I use to drink diet pop all the time but looking for one with no chemicals in it. any suggestions. regular soda taste so sweet to me.
  • Quotidianlight
    Options
    When I gave up fake suger I got VERY sick for two weeks. Everything from blurry vision and migraines to dizziness. Diet soda is bad news IMO. When I took Splenda away from the kids and offered real sugar on my 12 yo son's oatmeal, he had a flat out temper tantrum for the first time since he was about 3.

That said, most American soda's use corn syrup because americans are used to the sweeter flavor and soda's made with real sugar tend are less sweet. Even American pepsi made with real sugar has way more sugar than Mexican coke to account for sugar being less sweet than corn syrup. When I get a craving, I pick up a mexican coke or pepsi (glass bottles). It's less sweet and made with real sugar. Though I am more likely to drink Q ginger which is a less sweet ginger ale or a bottle of Kombucha which is VERY low sugar, bubbly and tases a bit like champagne.