Taco Mac help

waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Tomorrow I am going to lunch with the boy I nanny. He loves Taco Mac. I used to love it there too until I realized how bad it is for me. I looked online and there is nothing that is good for under 400 calories (that is pushing it.).. Here is the link:, please help me.. I am debating on asking if I could get a kids meal but really?
http://www.tacomac.com/menus_10_655610695.pdf

Thanks!!

Replies

• Eat hot wings...that is probably the best you can do....light on the sauce.
  • waverly9876
    I think I found something....The Turkey and Swiss Panini. It has 328 calories..
  • atrignani
    atrignani Posts: 1
    I've never been there....but I would go with tortilla soup and some chips and salsa. Its not exciting, but I think you will feel good after. Good luck!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I don't know what you prefer, but there are a couple appetizers that wouldn't be bad to get as meals. I definitely have gotten a starter for a meal at restaurants before. The Santa Cruz Flautas look good, only 400 calories. A couple chicken tacos doesn't look bad either.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    smoked turkey and swiss panini? or hot wings maybe some fruit on the side if youre still hungry or maybe tortilla soup
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    The chili isn't bad. Chicken tacos look okay, too. Wings are 120 calories each, so I would have to disagree with that suggestion.

I have been known to order kids meals, before. I just tell them that I don't need the crayons. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    The chili isn't bad. Chicken tacos look okay, too. Wings are 120 calories each, so I would have to disagree with that suggestion.

I have been known to order kids meals, before. I just tell them that I don't need the crayons. :)

Why no crayons? That's the best part! :)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Its not the best option but:
    Salad: Omit any cheese, nuts, croutons etc...Pack a few veggies (like broccoli, peppers, etc) to bulk it up and add yourself. Look carefully at salad dressings or again pack your own.
    SouthWest Wrap: Eat 1/2 save other half. Not sure what is in it but if there is cheese or a sauce omit then and save calories.
    2 Chicken Tacos: omit cheese and its under 400 easily.
    Smoked Tukrey and swiss panini: Omit the cheese
    Rice and broccoli are your safe sides it seems
  • waverly9876
    Thank you!! I decided on getting the turkey and swiss panini. :-)
This discussion has been closed.