Water, Water, Water!

Options
I've been trying to figure out a way to encourage my MPF peeps to drink more water without sounding like some sort of "Water Police". :laugh:

I know there's lots of reasons to drink water - not just to aid weight loss. So I googled it and came up with this site: http://www.allaboutwater.org/drink-water.html

I decided that it was worth sharing - and if it encourages just ONE more person to up their water intake - then YAY!

10 Reasons to Drink Water

1. Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.

2. Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.

3. Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.

4. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.

5. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.

6. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.

7. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.

8. Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.

9. Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.

10. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.

CHEERS! :drinker:

Replies

• cathedralite22
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself its beauty juice! I love this. Thanks
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I definitely get my water it, but this is a great post!! Thanks for sharing.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The part about increasing energy levels and reducing day time fatigue really got my attention. I have been drinking a lot more water since joining MFP, but before I very rarely drank water and had very little energy to do anything. Dehydration probably had something to do with it. Thanks for sharing.
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    i have to say i agree these! it definitely a must.. water is the only thing i drink because it doesn't hurt my stomach nor health! water is the best thing for the body to have!!

thanks!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, great info!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! :) I totally agree with you. Water is the key to weight loss and a healthy body.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I went from never drinking a glass of water to 6-9 a day!! Tomorrow makes a week straight!!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! excellent information
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Great list - thanks!
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for the infor. I hope some of my friends on here read this. I have been drinking over my 8 cups of water for about a week now. Let me tell you I feel soooo..... much better. It really does help with the wieght loss too. I lost 4 lbs the firs few days of drinking my water!!
  • ChrisPC
    ChrisPC Posts: 10
    Options
    "Water Police" I think I would call you the "Water Educator"
    This was very good information and very important. I know I need to drink more water, but
    I do need more motivation to do so.

YOU DO MOTIVATE ME TO DRINK MY WATER BETTER ! ! !

Thank you
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :blushing: My husband insists that an extra glass of water each day makes him better at night....if you catch my drift! Might work for lots of people! :blushing:
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I just tell myself its beauty juice!

"Beauty Juice - I gotta remember this one!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    :blushing: My husband insists that an extra glass of water each day makes him better at night....if you catch my drift! Might work for lots of people! :blushing:

LOL - that'a a new one! Let's make that Reason Number 11!
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Such good points! Going to grab myself a glass right now, thanks for the reminder ;)
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was reading this post, then suddenly become quite parched! Funny how that works! ;)
    I know all those benefits of water....so try to get in as much as I could. I really need to figure out a way of measuring though.
    How do you keep track? Do you have certain containers you use? I'd love some ideas! (Would you mind posting them on my wall as well as on here?) Thanks!
    Jennifer :)
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post.
    My headaches have changed so much since I've been drinking more water - I still get them but they're annoying and not so painful.
    I really like Target's and Wal-Mart's falvored water - Yep! I'm that crazy girl that has 20+ bottles in the cart (but I have a box for them in my car, so I don't waste time by having them bag them all - could you imagine how much the people in line would hate me if I did that!??!).
    Cheers everyone! :drinker:
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    I have always struggled drinking water but I have it with sugar free cordial and now drink quite a bit but reading those, I'll try and drink more thank you.

Jayne
    x