Mom of 3 doing P90X

OspreyRugbyMom
OspreyRugbyMom Posts: 6 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to this on-line stuff I've been on MFP for about two weeks. So now I know how much I really do make poor food choices in a week. I'm hoping that this will help me become more aware and help me to stop making excuses to not eat lunch and eat garbage in the evening. I also like to see the calorie use from doing things like walking a stroller with two kids in it and also being aware enough to not use exercise as sn excuse to eat three pieces of cake.
Any one else doing P90X?? I'm doing the Lean program, starting week 5. Haven't lost a whole lot since starting, but my strength has increased so much I surprise myself every day. Everything is getting easier to do. And I know that with strength comes increased muscle mass and an increased metabolism. Now if only I could get some sleep!

Replies

• ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Is it hard? I am tempted to try it..
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    I too am doing P90X. In week 1 and let me tell you as you very well know, it really kicks butt. I love it. It's amazing once you start tracking what you are eating what a conscience effort you make to eat better. Welcome aboard and if you wish you may add me as a friend.
  • meltario
    meltario Posts: 1
    I am starting P90x again. I have to say it is the best workout ever. I am doing the normal program, and have a love hate relationship with Pylometrics.
    You will definately gain muscle mass. So, measurements are the best way to judge your achievements. I am also a mother of 2 boys, and struggle with the day to day activities of working and motherhood. Keep strong, sleep will come when your kids are older.
  • Hi! I am a mom of 4 and I have done P90X a couple of times. I love the program, and yes, it does make you feel stronger, and it helped me tone up a great deal. I really started to feel stronger in my abdominal area as well, and I really needed that after having 3 pregnancies (one twin pregnancy)! It is a hard program, but if you stick to it, do the best you can with each exercise and try to follow the diet plan, you will see results.
    I loved it so much that I decided to do coaching with the company that makes the P90X program!
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Good for you but consider just the classic program, instead of lean - I heard that it actually worked better. You need the muscle to improve your metabolism and you'll love how your body will develop an athletic look. I'm on week 7 and I love it. This is the first time in my life that I can do a real push-up. Keep eating right, though. Just the workout itself is not going to make you lose the weight.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    I'm on week 10 and love it. I'm doing the regular version and have lost about 23 lbs doing it so far. Stick with it and you will be happy with the results!
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    i'm on week 2 - actually not as hard as i thought it would be when i first saw the dvds. hardest part is finding 1 - 1&1/2 hours of my crazy day to squeeze it in unfortunately. i feel good afterwards but there are days i dread going downstairs to workout after i put my kids to bed. haven't seen weight loss yet, but last week i was not the best with the diet. my goal this week is to really try to watc h my diet closer. the carbs are my biggest downfall - plus lunches that reps bring in to work - i was good yesterday and passed up my favorite pizza for the healthier lunch that i brought instead.
    good luck with it
  • OspreyRugbyMom
    OspreyRugbyMom Posts: 6 Member
    So I love the p90x and being in week 7 have until the second week of August. Then I'll tackle the lean. Thanks for the encouragement. I started with the "lean" because I injured myself in February. I wanted to focus more on core strength and when that is healthier, i'll BRING IT again. And maybe get my husband to join me:laugh:
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    I have done Insanity and I too am on my second round of P90X I love the program and all that it has done for me and my life. Doing the programs have enabled me to stop taking my medication for Depression and Anxiety and high blood pressure. I think that the workouts that Tony has you do is so amazing and I can not wait till the second MC2 comes out soon. I have with the programs lost 55 lbs so far and if anyone needs advice this sounds like a great place to start from the sounds of things.
This discussion has been closed.