My scale is MIA... What to do?

Options
Hey guys!
This is my second run at the MFP system. I lost 16 lbs. from mid-Jan to mid-March, and since then I backed off and took it easy for a while. Happily, I didn't gain anything during the "off season," but I'm still ~10lbs from my goal. With summer looming, I'm back on the wagon and ready to go!

That said, here's my problem: I don't have a scale! I had been using the one at my nanny family's house, but they've moved recently and have a bunch of stuff in storage - including the scale. I'm reluctant to buy my own, because I feel like I'd become a slave to it and weigh myself every ten minutes... and I don't think that's healthy for me.

I'd like to join one of the Weight Loss Challenges on here to keep me motivated, but it's awfully difficult to participate without a scale to weigh in on! So, dear MFPeeps, what should I do? Bite the bullet and get a scale and try realllly hard not to abuse it? Wait until the nannyfam scale shows up?

Thanks!
~Casey

Replies

• BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Get a cheap 10$ scale or if you go to the gym use thiers. Or hop over to a friends house and borrows thiers. Keep the day/time simular and it will still show you a weight loss even if its mid/late day
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    It's better to use a measuring tape and a tight pair of jeans anyway. Take your measurements and try on those jeans once a week. When they start feeling looser, you are definitely making progress. If you feel you absolutely have to have a scale, get one. Just try to weigh in at a consistent time each day or week. For example: Every Sunday morning in your underwear after getting out of bed and emptying your bladder. Weighing yourself multiple times per day will only give you multiple fluctuations which will only frustrate you. I can swing between 2-4 pounds at different hours of the day. Good luck!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Xaoey, I HID my scale...yeap you read it right...I hid it and I'm not allowed to tell myself where. SOOO....having said that, I talked to one of hte trainers at my gym and he's been gracious enough to agree to measure me at the end of each month. Its free!! :happy:

Once you starte weighing yourself, you'll drive yourself nuts!!! :grumble:

Argh, at least I did...:noway:
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    Go to a store and weigh on one that's out. Bed Bath & Beyond usually has "sample" scales. Just wear the same clothes each time ;-)
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thats a neat idea!