need some help?

ladystarr29
ladystarr29 Posts: 10
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all, Only been here 5 days and im enjoying marking everything down. But the question i have when i work out it come off of what calories i used today then i have more. Do you have to use them to. Or can they be saved til the end of the week when you know you have a special outting to go to. Also wondering if I am suppose to weight myself everyday or once a week? Any help on this would be apprecated. thnx

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I never really thought about saving them so to speak, but I think of each 24 hour period as a day. What happens on that day stays on that day.
  • Welcome! The rule around here is you eat your exercise calories each day--no "roll over" calories on MFP! Also, most folks here seem to record their weight weekly, but many weigh more often. I weigh myself daily--I don't freak out if I gain a little bit one day or another, and weighing myself daily keeps me focused. Some don't weigh at all and focus on the body itself. The bottom line is, play with these issues a bit and see what works for you....but always be sure you eat enough!
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Heya um the Calories gain from exercising can be eaten back or not it is fully your choice some feel they need those extra calories as you can get rather tired with some exercise. I wouldn't think it is possible to save them as you body would've already stored them. Also your other question about weighing yourself I think most do it weekly some do it monthly that again is your choice. Welcome to MFP hope you have fun while you are here and good luck with your goals :)
  • ok thanks that is what i will do..use them when i can!
  • Yes, I think the whole thing on here is to take it day by day, so saving your calories isn't really an option. You really have to learn to be careful no matter where you go, and it's hard...but we can do this! I was always wondering about the calories you get back after working out too! Because I have always heard that you have to burn more calories than you eat in order to lose weight. I still have 1,800 left for the day...and I doubt I will be eating those before I go to bed, LOL!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Welcome! The rule around here is you eat your exercise calories each day--no "roll over" calories on MFP! Also, most folks here seem to record their weight weekly, but many weigh more often. I weigh myself daily--I don't freak out if I gain a little bit one day or another, and weighing myself daily keeps me focused. Some don't weigh at all and focus on the body itself. The bottom line is, play with these issues a bit and see what works for you....but always be sure you eat enough!
    I am totally a weigh myself every day person, for the same reason. It really helps me focus.
This discussion has been closed.