Kind of a stupid question :)

Options

Replies

• kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    I have been paying attention thank you -- I'm almost done with my degree...your deficit comes in WHEN you have exercised. You look on other sites or come to a RD and they will tell you the same what you need to eat to lose such and such weight and deficits from exercise are good it means your body is using the fat that has been eaten or stored as energy.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've been eating mine back, and I've been losing 2-4lbs/ per week.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Do NOT eat back all the cals you burn people tell you to do this but you need a deficit in order to lose weight. This is my major in university and trust me...if you eat back the cals you burned it's as if you didn't workout at all. a deficit is good -- but whatever your net cals is at the beginning of the day you need to meet that like mine is like 1460 or something like that meet that....then I earned 500 more --therefore I took 500 off my 1460 and I have a deficit that's how fat is burned.....shoot me a personal msg if you need anymore help!

this post is very very true but MFP already creats a deficit for you! mine is 750 cals. so eat those calories back baby!

oh and exercising boosts your metabolic rate and eating calories back will even more so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Good god...
  • kesteele
    Options
    Do NOT eat back all the cals you burn people tell you to do this but you need a deficit in order to lose weight. This is my major in university and trust me...if you eat back the cals you burned it's as if you didn't workout at all. a deficit is good -- but whatever your net cals is at the beginning of the day you need to meet that like mine is like 1460 or something like that meet that....then I earned 500 more --therefore I took 500 off my 1460 and I have a deficit that's how fat is burned.....shoot me a personal msg if you need anymore help!

this post is very very true but MFP already creats a deficit for you! mine is 750 cals. so eat those calories back baby!

If so many ppl believe this to be true SHOW me the site where they already set a deficit for you...PLEASE. And not to you jujubean....but people on here don't insult others that have or almost have their degrees in things and know what they are talking about it is rude...thank you.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do it for the fun of it :)
    LOL.....
  • Heather75
    Options
    According to this site, my BMR is 1380 ish. My calorie goal is 1200. That leaves a deficit of 180 calories per day, even if I don't move.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have been paying attention thank you -- I'm almost done with my degree...your deficit comes in WHEN you have exercised. You look on other sites or come to a RD and they will tell you the same what you need to eat to lose such and such weight and deficits from exercise are good it means your body is using the fat that has been eaten or stored as energy.

You're wrong. My BMR is 1565 calories a day. Of course, you should know that the basal metabolic rate refers to how many calories are needed for daily bodily functions such as breathing, digesting food, fueling muscle, etc. My calories burned from normal daily activity plus my BMR is 1940. This includes walking around the house, washing dishes, typing on the computer, and all those movements I go through daily as a mostly sedentary person. My calorie goal is 1440. 1940 - 1440 = 500. That's a daily deficit of 500 calories. A pound of weight (muscle, fat, or whatever) is, for all purpose's sake, equal to roughly 3500 calories a day. There are 7 days in a week! Let's type this into a calculator, shall we? 500 times 7 equals... Oh, looky there! 3500. Any exercise I do will INCREASE this deficit.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good god...

Yep...we need to clone Taso and have him lurk.

DON'T TORTURE YOURSELF! EAT THOSE MUTHAF***AS!!!! YOU EARNED 'EM!
  • Heather75
    Options

You're wrong. My BMR is 1565 calories a day. Of course, you should know that the basal metabolic rate refers to how many calories are needed for daily bodily functions such as breathing, digesting food, fueling muscle, etc. My calories burned from normal daily activity plus my BMR is 1940. This includes walking around the house, washing dishes, typing on the computer, and all those movements I go through daily as a mostly sedentary person. My calorie goal is 1440. 1940 - 1440 = 500. That's a daily deficit of 500 calories. A pound of weight (muscle, fat, or whatever) is, for all purpose's sake, equal to roughly 3500 calories a day. There are 7 days in a week! Let's type this into a calculator, shall we? 500 times 7 equals... Oh, looky there! 3500. Any exercise I do will INCREASE this deficit.

You must be a friend of Taso42's...
  • funkyspunky871
    Options

If so many ppl believe this to be true SHOW me the site where they already set a deficit for you...PLEASE. And not to you jujubean....but people on here don't insult others that have or almost have their degrees in things and know what they are talking about it is rude...thank you.

Lol. This is the Internet, baby. For all we know, you don't "almost have a degree" in anything. I don't care.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

Is the level of condescension necessary?
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Just trying to lose as much weight as possible as quickly as possible. I guess I better get in the kitchen and start eating :)
  • kesteele
    Options

Lol. This is the Internet, baby. For all we know, you don't "almost have a degree" in anything. I don't care.

NO offense but internet doesn't mean crap to me. You do what YOU need to do to lose weight and I"ll do what I do. Why would someone lie about getting a degree in something -- that's low. I'm going off of what I am taught in school NOT using MFP. This is telling our clients their BMR and then what they should exercise from scratch beginning with no deficit just what they earn themselves....guess I"m doing things the hard way and doing it like I'm taught.

And P.S. congrats to losing your weight you've found what works for you.
  • kesteele
    Options
    bebe no worms opened here. Don't care if people don't believe me...Do what will work for you...try eating your cals if it works then continue to do it --everyone needs to find their niche.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options

You must be a friend of Taso42's...

Absolutely! :)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I'm starting to think these topics are all troll posts. Because the ****-storm that follows seems inevitable.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You guys are hilarious......LOVE IT!!!!
  • kesteele
    Options
    *sigh* I'm starting to think these topics are all troll posts. Because the ****-storm that follows seems inevitable.

I never post in topics because of this stuff....looks like I"m not posting in anymoreeither.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Just trying to lose as much weight as possible as quickly as possible. I guess I better get in the kitchen and start eating :)

Just read the sticky notes from Mike. It explains it all. When you sign up for MFP it creates a deficit for you...you need to eat most of those cals back or you're only increasing the deficit. It's all about how you signed up and what data you put in.

The chick that keeps saying that she almost has her degree must not know how to properly use this site.