Stomach/pouch exercises?

Options
I do lotf of diff kind of crunches, i also wear that belt on my tummy that makes you sweat while your working out and im starting to notice a little difference but i was wondering if anyone knew any other workouts intended for the lower stomach/pouch area??? That seems to be my major problem area and im looking to shed more inches and tighten up, not so much my upper stomach area but the lower part/pouch, any suggestions???????

Replies

• tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a 6 week 6 pack Dvd that may work,,I have'nt tried it but I do 3 of her other videos and she does some pretty good crunches that focus on lower stomach....
  • cgottel
    cgottel Posts: 22
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and she does "reverse crunches" where you lie on the floor, lift your legs and bend your knees at a 90 degree angle and lift your butt off the ground so it works the lower abs. I have only been doing it a few days, but I do feel a tightness there. Good luck!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    jacki warner has a great dvd that will get u into shape in no time
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    Reverse Crunches, Bicycle Crunches, Scissor Kicks, and if you have a partner - lay down with your head between their feet on your back, grab their ankles. Lift up your legs, keeping them straight and have that person shove your legs down and to the sides as hard as they can. Don't let your legs hit the floor!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    In my case, fixing the separated muscles (diastasis recti) is what I have to do first, before I can do anything else. If I don't get that back near where it's supposed to be, I could do crunches until the cows came home and I would always have a little "pregnant" belly. The good news is that I'm seeing that tighten back up, and pretty soon I may be ably to stop doing modified ab workouts! But I think that doing core work that focuses on the transverse abdominals (instead of the rectus abdominus, which are the "six-pack" muscles) would probably be beneficial for anyone wanting to tighten up a belly pouch.
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    Reverse crunches are what my previous personal trainer told me to do. She said they work your lower abs as well as uppers. Ahuge part of getting rid of the pooch though id working your obliques... so I'm told by that personal trainer, a yoga instructor and my OB doctor.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    reverse crunches. Lie on the floor bring your legs up in the air at a 90 degree angle and lift your hips up into the air one or two inches of the ground here's an instructional video:

http://www.ehow.com/video_16237_reverse-crunch.html
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone. I have the 30 day shred dvd but it kicled my butt after the fitst 20 mins and i wasnt exactly sure how to do it, like how many mins a day, do you pick up where u left off, etc.