Presidential Debate Week!

Options
....is killing my diet.

The first debate is scheduled at my school for Friday (IT BETTER HAPPEN!!!!) and we have all of these events and lectures and dinners. My cousin works for McCain campaign and she's been inviting me to dinner with different governors and whatnot, and while its a fantastic experience for me, I'm kind of just stuck here getting larger during the week.
I don't have time to workout between classes and these lectures so I'm pretty much expanding all weekend. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

I just hope I can get back on track on Monday. Do you think it's a bad idea for me to throw it all out the window for just 4 days?
I do the best I can, but I don't want to miss an event because I was too sweaty from working out...

I wish everything could just run on MY schedule! haha

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ....is killing my diet.

The first debate is scheduled at my school for Friday (IT BETTER HAPPEN!!!!) and we have all of these events and lectures and dinners. My cousin works for McCain campaign and she's been inviting me to dinner with different governors and whatnot, and while its a fantastic experience for me, I'm kind of just stuck here getting larger during the week.
    I don't have time to workout between classes and these lectures so I'm pretty much expanding all weekend. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

I just hope I can get back on track on Monday. Do you think it's a bad idea for me to throw it all out the window for just 4 days?
    I do the best I can, but I don't want to miss an event because I was too sweaty from working out...

I wish everything could just run on MY schedule! haha
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    You have an awesome opportunity to attend all of this activities!! Take advantage of it!

Personnally, I would enjoy the experience and jump back on the wagon once all of the chaos has left.
  • WFTomba
    Options
    I'm thinking of turning the debate into a fitness activity--say, every time one of the candidates says "initiative" or "special interests" you do ten jumping jacks . . .
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of turning the debate into a fitness activity--say, every time one of the candidates says "initiative" or "special interests" you do ten jumping jacks . . .

OOooooh, that sounds AWESOME!
    Need more key words and specific exercises.
    Jumping jacks or a push up or a sit up or rolling our eyes... heeeheee:wink:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

No no...use the word CHANGE...you'll burn so many calories you can eat all the snacks and goodies you want! :tongue:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    Options
    HAHAHA Great Ideas!!!!

Tonight I'm going to hear Tom Brokaw speak right now, I'll be sure to keep all of those things in mind!
  • greeneggsam
    Options

Ouch - pain in my side...
    Too... many... jumping... jacks :embarassed:

BTW, I chose "golden parachute", "earmark", and "fundamentals"
  • LightenUp_Caro
    Options
    Let's just say that my arms got a HUGE workout!!!!
    We had a big picnic and set up blankets to watch the debate on huge hd screens, and my butt hurt SOOOOO badly during the debate that I ended up doing modified dips during the thing...my triceps are SORE!

What a great day here at Ole Miss though....It was TOO MUCH FUN!!!!
    I love politics WAY too much!