I'm new and trying to make this work!

Options
Hello all! I've battled with my weight for a while, but now I'm trying to conquer it! My fiance just confided to me that he is concerned with my health, which was really hard for him to say….and really hard for me to take. And as my clothes are becoming tighter and pissing me off, I figured he is rightfully concerned. I'd also like to get in shape before we have kids so I have no problems in that arena. So now is the perfect time! My profile picture is of Crystal Renn, a beautiful plus size model, whose story of overcoming anorexia (thanks to the modeling industry) is inspiring. It is my desire to overcome my emotional over-eating habits (which I consider a disease) and become a healthy and confident woman, like the woman in this picture. So, wish me luck!

Replies

• amydray
    amydray Posts: 26
    Options
    welcome! :smile: add me if you like:)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I think you've come to the right place. There a lot of great success stories on here that are very motivating and even more people that will help pick you up on your quest to fitness. Good luck!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well! and welcome!
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me. together we can do this :)
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Bravo to your fiance for havign the guts to say something and caring so much about you! And bravo to you for taking it so well and caring about yourself enough to listen!! :) We will be here to help motivate you when you need it. We are all after the same goal, trying to become healthier people. So welcome! Please feel free to add me.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Hello!! Welcome!! Oh and I love Crystal Renn!! Her book was so inspiring and empowering!! She's totally right in that you should get to a place where your body feels right. She's gorgeous (at 175 and even now, I read that she's down to a size 8, which in model world is still a plus size, unfortunately).
  • myheartinsf1
    Options
    Welcome:) feel free to add ne
  • bandedme
    bandedme Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome!