More Realistic Weight (for me) and how I'm doing it.

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
I decided to change my "Goals" to a more realistic weight for me.

My highest weight was 155 at 5'2'' after one year of several traumas and depression. (and not caring to get out of bed)
My normal weight throughout most of my adult life was 125-130.
I originally had my goal weight to 115. Since I am rather short, I figured this would be okay.

****But I changed my mind.****

My new goal weight is going to be 120, then not worry about the numbers and focus on body fat percentage :)

*I refuse to obsess over the numbers and make myself miserable. I think my happy and healthy weight will be 120-125. I feel like I can happily maintain that throughout my life.

My goal is to decrease body fat to 15%. It is currently 19%. (approx. according to the same calculator I've been using)
I am going to do this by eating more proteins and strength training more often than I do now!

My additional fitness goals are going to focus on getting more sleep (severe insomniac) and eating more fruits and vegetables.

I did this the healthy way and I am going to continue to be healthy. I am going to work on accepting the way I am and the body that God gave me. I want to live my life to it's fullest and I am getting there :)

***The best thing I did was increase my protein intake. I do not eat red meat and rarely eat other meats. So i found alternatives and I feel full when I eat close to my protein goal and it has made a significant difference.
***The second best thing I did was learning to be mindful of the emotional cycle of binge eating and not eating.

BTW, I am feeling better tonight :) with the heart-related issues.
Thanks everyone. Just thought I'd share my success and wanted your feedback on this :)

Has anyone else changed their original weight loss goal?

Replies

• megansprague
    Options
    Good for you! This is also really helpful to hear as somebody just starting out so thank you :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, Sarah! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

BTW, how are you increasing the protein without a lot of meat?
  • sarah307
    Options
    That sounds great, Sarah! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

BTW, how are you increasing the protein without a lot of meat?

Lots of Eggs
    Cottage Cheese
    Almonds/Nuts

Protein Bars (trying to find ones with low sugar!)
    Whey Protein Powder (only 110 calories in one scoop!)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you have just figured out how to change your lifestyle not how to "diet" and I predict you will be very successful. This is what it is all about, figuring out A. what you want B. what you don't want C. how to get there. and the answer is different for everyone and I really do believe that only the people who really listen to their bodies and learn from making their own mistakes will figure out how to successfully lose weight and keep it off.
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Lifestyle and not a diet. That's the ultimate goal. Good for you. I'll attempt the same thing. I'm not too worried about getting down to 110 as long as I'm more fit. :)

Cheers!
  • sarah307
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Lifestyle and not a diet. That's the ultimate goal. Good for you. I'll attempt the same thing. I'm not too worried about getting down to 110 as long as I'm more fit. :)

Cheers!

YAYYY!!!