NSV!!! 3 miles in 29 minutes!!

Options
SmashleeWpg
SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
Hi friends!

Just wanted to share, because I'm pretty darn pleased with myself :)

I've been training for a half marathon (this Sunday, Father's Day), and lately my runs have been absolute garbage and not enjoyable at all. Tonight I decided to test drive the playlist I've put together for the 1/2 while doing a 35 minute tempo run... I totally smoked it!! Better still, I was smiling, singing along, and pushed myself to run faster than I usually do without feeling tired.

Normally I hang out around 10:45 - 11:00 minutes/mile, but tonight I was able to cover 3 miles in 29 minutes and keep going. I'm contributing it largely in part to my kick *kitten* playlist :) So for anyone looking for some new tunes, look no further!

Remember the Name - Fort Minor 3:50
Waka Waka (Africa) - Shakira 3:22
Artist in the Ambulance - Thrice 3:39
Push It - Salt N Pepa 3:29
One Night in Bangkok - Global Deejays 5:12
I Like to Move It - Reel 2 Reel 3:41
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins 2:40
Hellbound Train - Victoria Police Pipeband 5:56 (yes I like the bagpipes!!)
Hey Baby - Pitbull 3:23
Life Is a Highway - Tom Cochrane 4:27
Brings Me Down - Collective Soul 2:56

Enjoy!

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, and thanks for the songs :)
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    That is great! I'm doing a 5k this weekend and my goal time is under 30....
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Haha!!! You never cease to amaze me!! Proud as always!! Your faster than me! My best is 10:46 for one mile!! Keep it up hunni xxxxxx
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Fabulous job!!! I'm on week 2 of my 5k training, and hope to at some point get my 5k time down to 30 mins. Music is definitely a great motivator :)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Awsome job and thanks for the playlist.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Stellar!!!!!!! Love the playlist!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I think that meets the standards for an 18 year old to pass the Marine fitness test
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    that is pretty speedy!! great job and it sounds like your 1/2 marathon will be a breeze for yah with your new playlist!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!