pilates

Options
hi all--
typical story: used to be in shape (dancer), stopped working out (got lazy), want to get back in shape...

I started cardio heavy sessions last week (as opposed to jogging...boring!) and yesterday began pilates. oh. my. g. my whole ab section is all sorts of worked out! it was surprisingly intense. And I'm only using a dvd! (austin pilates) I couldn't even do both sessions--only the easy one, haha.

Anyone else have exp with pilates and could share some advice/tips/stories?

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Anxious to hear any advice/responses...I, too, have been playing around with the idea of pilates. My best friend says that's the ONLY thing that actually changes her body!
  • fischecp
    fischecp Posts: 1
    Options
    My girlfriend and her best friend do pilates 3 times a week. I know 1 of those days are dedicated to just abs. The results are hard to argue with. Her friend has a 6 pack already (so sexy) and has been doing it for about 6 weeks. My girlfriend has only be doing it for about 2 weeks and you can already see her top 2 abs showing through. I know for a fact though her body is definitely sore the next day. They even hit the "shake shack" here in town after working out. They pay for this pilates class though and it's with a trainer.so I don't know how that varies from a home DVD.

My advice, stick to it :) If it's anything like what they are doing, you'll see the results in no time.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Awesome, glad to hear there are results with pilates... always seemed so boring to me, but I may have to try it!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    found the denise austin hit the spot pilates on hulu! I'm going to try it tomorrow!
  • kazmeredean
    Options
    I've been wanting to try pilaties, I have been doing zumba for cardio but have heard great things about pilates...will try it soon!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm a Kinect fan and do Pilates now and then that is available in the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I reckon it's a Torturous form of Yoga LOL But it's easy to see why it gets results. Even after months of circuit training, boxfit and what not - 1 Pilates session can still push the limits.