Idk if it has happen to u

Options
So I do zumba for 1 hr everyday but lately for only 30 min I had took 3 days off from working out because my ankles were killing so today I gave up I couldnt do zumba at all because if my ankle.. Do anyone know or had happent to y'all that y'all ankles hurt when working out or walking ??

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    usually if I have a really good walk the tops of my feet hurt... haven't experienced sore ankles from Zumba... love zumba but haven't done it in about 3 weeks... time to get back to it
  • Sandybell0228
    Options
    Thanks for the reply I just don't know who else to ask.. Maybe I should go get it checked out.
  • maja7
    maja7 Posts: 9
    Options
    I had ankle pains recently. I couldn't figure it out. I wasn't even exercising that much. The pain went away... I never went to the doctor. However, I came to my own conclusion... I had a pair of boots that I wore a lot. I love the design, but I think they were not doing my ankles any good. I got rid of the boots and no more ankle pain. Think of your shoes... your shoes may be causing you ankle pain. Just a guess.
  • Sandybell0228
    Options
    That's what I was thinking I wear just toms.flats n my work out shoes .. Maybe that could be it do u know what shoes be good??
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    More then likely, your shoes are the culprit!! If youre wearing ANY form of toning shoes = hard on ankles. If you have high arches and arent getting enough support = hard on top of foot and ankles. Shoes arent laced properly/not tightened properly = Hard on ankles. Shoes laced too tightly = poor circulation and hard on your feet altogether.
  • dws01
    dws01 Posts: 3
    Options
    A lot of times the ankle and foot pain are associated with weight. The more you loose the less stress it is on your joints. I had knee pain to the point that I couldnt walk but my doctor told me that for every 10 or 20lbs you are over weight its like a ton on your knees. this is why it is so important for us to keep loosing weight and stay motivated.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree with it's the shoes... come to think about it, I usually use one pair for most exercises... then got new ones, hiking shoes... well now it's like I wear the hiking shoes all the time, so last few times I did zumba I wore the other shoes and my knees were killing me, just on one leg... the next time I wore the hiking shoes and no knee pain LOL
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    i think if the place you do zumba doesnt have a spring loaded floor, you know the floors that dance studios have? (omg i cant remember what it's called) if it doesnt have a proper floor you should definitely wear shoes so that some of the shock is absorbed by the shoes rather than your ankles.
    My friend owns a dance studio where she teaches Zumba, and she has the proper floor, so you can go barefoot if you like, but i still wear shoes because sometimes during the class my legs and feet get sore.
  • Sandybell0228
    Options
    Thank u so much lady's I think I'm buying some other pair of shoes.. N yes I over weight 40lb :( n yes motivation Is really important even do is hard sometimes to stay in track..

Thank you once again ..