the Champ

Options
If you think about it, you really are quite something and definitely worth the love you are giving yourself by getting healthy. Let me explain what I mean.

Think of your kitchen table for a moment. If I were to come over there and put a cold glass of ice water on it you would probably either get a coaster or a dish rag to put under it to avoid water rings. How much is your kitchen table worth again? $1000 maybe? Yet you would go to great lengths to make sure you do not get a blemish on it. Keep that in mind as we go over some interesting facts.

The USA has around 300 million people in it right now. Can you think of any one person who has beat out the other 299,999,999 people at any one thing? Is there a ultimate best of anything in America? Moments before you were conceived there was a race in which there were between 180 and 300 million contestants. You won that race. It was you that beat out 299,999,999 others to become the champion. Not only that, but you are a descendant of many generations of champions before you. You are more advanced, you life expectancy is longer, your IQ is higher, your health is over all better, you are the culmination of many years of advancement. Think about it, while you read this you can also think about other things such as work, your spouse, what you had for dinner, etc... Out of the millions of possible forms of life you could have been you became human and not a daffodil or a giraffe. That itself makes you a champion. Think of your abilities and their value. How much is your vision worth to you? I know of a lady who sued McDonald's for a million dollars because she got a burn on her leg from hot coffee. If a burn is worth a million dollars, how much is eyesight worth? You see a rock in your path and you walk around it or step over it without thinking about it. In the meantime your body goes about the task of fighting off any number of diseases and viruses, duplicates itself one cell at a time, creates cells out of teeny tiny molecules, heals itself, breathes, maintains its own temperature, metabolizes food, brings nutrients to trillions of cells while also removing waste products from those cells, experiences any number of different possible emotions, and has the ability to fall in love. Hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent researching how to make robots just recognize rocks and go around them on their own without all the other fantastic stuff. You can plan, you can reason, you can work, you can play, and you have no limit to your knowledge potential. If you were so moved you could put a robot on Mars - I know this because it has already been done by other humans who put pants on in the morning just like you. You are able to provide for yourself and even thrive due to your cunning ability to devise plans and to analyze as well as consider many angles and perspectives. You have risen to the top of the food chain, You have the freedom to do what you want, and you live a better life than many kings and queens of days done by. You have the ability to move with art and to be moved by art. Some where tonight there is a person going to sleep thinking about the impact you had on their life. There is also a person going to bed who is missing you and loves you dearly. Yes you have an inherent value and it is incomprehensible. You are a champion.

The next time you consider not taking care of your body think about your kitchen table and what you do to keep it looking beautiful and brand new. Then I want you to compare values between you and a kitchen table.

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Wow a late night motivation talk! You rock!
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    TY Angie.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post.
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    Great words of widsom. Especially the few regarding someone missing you. I never thought of it that way. My kitchen table belonged to my grandmother it bears the marks of her ten children their spouses and all 40 + of us grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren it has never seen a coaster however the table holds more value to me than any other non living object in my home. So this for me makes sense. Enjoy your day and thanks for the insight.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow,have you considered being a writer? Seriously?! Never for one second thought of my body or the care of it from this perspective, now that you have made me consider it, I am ashamed of the value I have previously placed on my health. But I am stoked for the insight, knowledge, well power, and motivation I now have to make things different. Thank you.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think that comment you got recently (and posting it) has really got you thinking about all this stuff!! Thanks for posting and thanks for being so insightful!!
  • monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is motivating and well written. I agree with all of it! (Although, I one point, I was wondering how cool it would be to be a giraffe)
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    OK, being a giraffe might be pretty cool...
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I would love to respond with somethine equally witty and pithy, but my meager words would be overshadowed by your lofty words of wisdom. :blushing: