50lbs by september

Options
My main goal is to lose 50lbs by september. My current weight is 190lbs and my current goal is to lose at least lose 2lbs a week. Anybody else want to join me?

Replies

• KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you!!!! I am currently 206 and Would love to work with you to loose 50 by September.
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    My goal is 2 pounds a week also. I am really pysched to do it, too. I could use encouragement, tho.
  • mexicanrose_83
    Options
    :smile: I want to
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about the first of September - that's a pretty tall order. You've only got about 10 weeks to do it in, meaning 5 pounds a week. Even if you mean the END of September, that's still about 4 pounds per week.

You may want to re-think your goals.
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 2 a week also last two weeks weren't so good.... new week new start ....I wanna go for it
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    Im in :)
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about the first of September - that's a pretty tall order. You've only got about 10 weeks to do it in, meaning 5 pounds a week. Even if you mean the END of September, that's still about 4 pounds per week.

You may want to re-think your goals.

Ha that crossed my mind too .... I'm shooting for 2lbs a week I'm 217 shooting for about 190 give or take a few lbs ...figured its worth a shot ...
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Not to be rude sir, but your math isn't adding up. And even if it did, it doesn't account for periods of plateau that occur in all weight loss journeys. The key to success is the marathon, not the sprint. Setting unrealistic goals will lead you where you don't want to go. What would make you feel - realistically - successful?
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    i was thinking about the math thing too. but the last 2 months that ive been trying to lose weight ive lost 5-8 pounds a week. i figured mabye 50 lbs by september (mabye october) wouldnt be too unrealistic.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If that is really the case, then of course, congratulations - but that type of weight loss is non sustainable unless you are massively overweight - which your sig line doesn't indicate.

If a person is on a 1,000-calorie reduction (eating 1k less than your calculated basal metabolism rate), that adds up to 7,000 calories per week (roughly 2 pounds - 7,200 calories). That averages out to around 1/3 pound PER DAY. In order to lose 5-8 pounds per week, you'd either have to be 3,000-calorie reduction (which is higher than most people's BMR) or burning thousands of calories in exercise - per day.

A more likely scenario is that most of that weight loss was in water. Which is still good, as weight loss is weight loss. But water weight, unlike fat loss), can be gained back the next day merely by eating some highly-salted foods.
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Just thought I would check in. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I slacked last week and just started picking up the exercise this week. Im hoping im going to get some ok results. Hope you all are doing well.