30 Day Shred- still can't complete Level 1

Options
So I started the 30 day shred 7 days ago and I still can't get do all of level 1.......is anyone having the same problem?????????????????????????????????:love::mad:

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I also did my 7th day today.
    Tried to do level 2, just because I wasn't going to be able to get to the gym, and I wanted to burn some extra calories.
    It SUCKED.
    But as far as level 1, I still can't do the last exercise.
    The VERY last. The weird ab thing.
    I can't do it. At all. While they're doing it I'm like doing little bicycle movements that make no sense.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even do the dang warm-up on level one, so color me completely green with envy that you can even DO level one.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and she is still kicking my butt :grumble: I love the exercises though and am going to keep going, I really want to see if there is a difference after 30 days. So as sad as it sounds my curiosity is keeping me going :laugh:
    I still find it hard to complete level 1 but I'm nearly there, those darn bicycle thingies are tough I am soo uncoordinated, glad no one is watching :wink:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    arnt you suppost to do it for like 30 days 1st? thats why its called the 30 day shred! 30 days each levl thats the way i took it! :)
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Three levels.
    10 days per level.
    I don't think I'll be ready to move to doing level 2 in only 3 more days.
    And even if I am, I don't think I'll be able to stick with doing level 2 every day.
    It hurts. ]:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    But I've heard level 2 is the worst, and level 3 is actually fun.
    So I'll just keep looking forward to that, I guess.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 7. I cannot for the life of me do the jump rope -for as long as required-, but some of the other exercises feel easy. Therefore, I'm planning on going to level 2 in 3 days and do what I can. That way, I keep challenging my body.

I'm interested in hearing other opinions.
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing. I think for some it may take longer than 30 days to finish- the main point it challenging your body a little bit each day, every day.

For me, I'm in Level 1. I'll see how I feel on Day 10, but if I need extra time, I might just do Level 1 for 15 days and Level 2 for 15 and skip Level 3. I really do believe that if you're still finding a level really tough, that's where you should be. If it's getting easy and you're running through the motions, you need to up the ante.

Listen to your body and do the best you can, just don't take feeling discouraged for the same thing as physically not being able to do it. It's easy to convince ourselves we can't, but you'll be surprised how much you CAN.

Good luck!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I could not do all of it correctly, I had to modify the moves but I moved on to level 2 and will move on to level 3. I want to do the 30 days like it says atleast one go round and then go back and start mixing it up.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I bought the Shred almost exactly one year ago! I've NEVER been past level one! :laugh: Granted when I first got it I only did a few days till I was in such pain I couldn't do it anymore. I've revisited the shred a few times in the last year, but it is such a butt kicker I never get back into it. However....yesterday I started a challenge with a few of my buds on here to do it again - COMPLETELY this time - for the FULL 30 DAYS STRAIGHT. I did day 2/level 1 this morning & I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN! I really thought I was in great shape too, since I run all the time now. But NOPE :noway: Jillian is reminding me that I have muscles that I need to work on! She also made me get up at 3am to take a pain pill this morning! :laugh:

So don't worry if you can't complete Level 1! I think just attempting the Shred deserves a standing ovation to anyone! :bigsmile:
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Do what you think is best. If you want to master level 1 then master it...if you want to try level 2 try it...if its super hard then go back to level one. I've only done level 1 for a week and I plan to do it for another week...maybe two. I want to be able to do it without modifications!