exercise before drinking?

Options
I know drinking obviously slows down weight loss, but I was wandering if it will help at all to workout in the morning before a night of drinking. Also is it beneficial to workout after a day of drinking?Or do I need to wait until all the alcohol and acetate from alcohol has left my system?

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    cals vs cardio?

I think it depends on what you are drinking... Beer has a lot of carbs which is why I drink Vodka.
    I think a shot of vodka has about 67 cals in it.
    So burn a few hundy on the old thread mill and drink away?
    I stay away from booze as much as I can in the winter and make up for it in the summer....
    I like my patios

but I think most people who count cals etc include what they drink in their daily limit.
    So if you are under your limit it may be ok. But the cardio or exercise will burn more cals so you are able to consume more in the day.

I know some people who do cardio simply for the fact that they enjoy food and would sit on the thread mill for 30 mins just so they can enjoy that burger ...
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    Mind as well get the bang for your buck. Beer adds a lot of extra calories real quick, and Select 55 or Michelob Ultra mind as well be labeled Avian. I include alcohol in my daily limit, and make sure I drink in moderation. Calories are calories. Burn them off.

As far as health effects as you were asking, I didn't quite see your answer here, but its still worth a look.

http://myheartmind.blogspot.com/2008/07/alcohol-and-exercise-good-or-bad.html