30 DAY SHRED

Options

Replies

• atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    :smile: I started today and I did sweat alot while I was doing it but I am not sore although that was at 4:30am and now its just 11:00am but I am bound and determine to finish. With the help of my MFP's.:smile:
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    just did the first day, the push ups made me want to die! i have literally no upper body strength apparently...

ME TOO I hate doing push ups so I probaly cheated myself on that part bc Im just not good at it.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I keep reading about the the 30 day shred but am not sure what it is or where I can find it...Can someone shed some light? Thanks

30 Day Shred is a 30 day program by Jillian Michaels. It uses muscle confusion which will allow you to continue to see results.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started it a while back......got to day 3 and gave up :( I really wanted to start back, however I JUST hate doing DVD workouts with my husband around!
  • irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started last week but got off track. Will start again today!
  • chloe2020
    chloe2020 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm starting today too! I will doing mine when I get home in about an hour. I'm hoping I get get through the 20 minutes before my partner gets home from work, I'd hate him to see me so sweaty in a corner. I'm looking forward to it though.

I'm starting Level 1, I watched it the other day and was very impressed on that simplicity of the workouts. Saying that I fully expect to want to curl up in a ball afterwards! I think the press ups are going to be my hardest point. I have been doing some weights over the last week to kick start my ability to do them :)

xx
  • pittielover23
    Options
    I am on about day 17 and LOVING it. I can see huge changes in my body! It is hard, and level 2 is still thouroughly kicking my *kitten*, but it is totally worth it :)
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am 20 days in and did Level 1 and Level 2 10 days each. I am starting Level 3 tomorrow - previewed it today and it looks HARD!!! However, I will start tomorrow and do 10 days at Level 3. When I complete the 30 days I think I will take a couple days away from it and then alternate Level 1 - 3 to keep changing up my workouts. Hope everyone enjoys!!!
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 20 days in and did Level 1 and Level 2 10 days each. I am starting Level 3 tomorrow - previewed it today and it looks HARD!!! However, I will start tomorrow and do 10 days at Level 3. When I complete the 30 days I think I will take a couple days away from it and then alternate Level 1 - 3 to keep changing up my workouts. Hope everyone enjoys!!!

I find some Level 2 makes me sweat way more than Level 3. That being said, some of the exercises are much more difficult in Level 3 and I don't think I am doing them to the full extent.
    I completed one round of the shred already and now am doing what you plan to do but alternating the levels. I am doing 5 days at level 2 and 5 days at level 3 and keep rotating that. I throw level 1 in in the evenings here and there since it really makes my muscles burn still but does not get my heart rare up like the others.

Good luck to everyone starting today!!
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I may have to modify (as I did in Level 2) but I WILL keep at it and complete 10 days!! Thanks for the insight.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i did 2 days of 30ds last week and again last night -- gonna try to stick to my guns this time and not be swayed off exercising nightly lol

I wanted to burn more calories -- so the first night I walked after doing level 1 -- felt fine then next day. 2nd night I was running really behind and didn't get my work out in till after midnight -- then pretty much went straight to bed -- and could barely walk the next morning.

Last night -- I did 30ds plus 2 other BL workouts and I can definately feel it -- but not as stiff. I wondered if anyone else thought her cool down was a bit short -- maybe that's why I hurt so bad when I just do her work out.

Oh -- and to the poster wondering where to get it -- I got mine at "wally world" for less than $10.

Best of luck to everyone!!!
  • spifferbella
    Options
    Omg this thread is perfect because I was starting the 30 day shred today also; I just have to stop being lazy and go do it...
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I keep reading about the the 30 day shred but am not sure what it is or where I can find it...Can someone shed some light? Thanks

Its a 30 minute workout dvd by Jillian Michaels designed to give you amazing results in 30 days. Each work out is 20 minutes, there are 3 levels, you're supposed to each level for 10 days.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

You can get the dvd at Wal-mart, that's where I got mine. It's in the "fitness" isle.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am doing it,I am on level 2 day 2 and i dont enjoy it at all. I wanted to quit on level one day 2 but my fiance said i should just go through it and see what results i get. Blah. So I am doing it missed 2 days last week, I workout on the bowflex too though. I have been sore everyday since i started it. if i miss it i will do zumba or wii Just dance because those are a fun workout.
  • sexyhicksy
    Options
    :wink: Im starting it tomorrow!!
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I made my husband do it with me, Noe he has a health respect for the workout and me when I do it.
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    I started level 2 today! It was so much easier than level 1!!
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    just did the first day, the push ups made me want to die! i have literally no upper body strength apparently...

I've been doing this dvd on and off for a year. I still struggle with the push ups and have to girls ones!
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Anyone take before pics and measurements? Im going to today. I saw a thread yesterday of before on afters where people had done the shred and the results were amazing! I really want to stick with it for the 30 days and have some good piccys to be proud of!!