Introduction

Options
Hi ya'll..... Ecka from Ottawa ON..... just joined MFP yesterday, but have been on my weight loss journey a little over a month. Lost 12.lbs so far. The fitness calculator really helps, but I didn't meet my calories yesterday, yet I felt I ate ALOT.....Do we HAVE to eat more when we burn calories through work-outs? Will my bod go into starvation mode? I ate healthy, 3 meals and 2 snacks, but missed my calories by about 500 yesterday..... thx. :smile:

Replies

• Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi ecka,

Most mfp'ers say you eat back your calories but sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I tend to eat back my calories when I crave something special like a dessert after dinner (which usually is most days). It's hard to stay in my 1200 limit and yes there are days when I certainly miss the mark but overall I try to stay within the boundries I've set for myself. I had a not so good week last week so pushing myself to meet my goal for next Monday and therefore have to lose 5 lbs by June 20th. Work a program out that fits you best keeping in mind how much you want to lose vs how much you want to push yourself. Hope this helps...
  • ecka2017
    ecka2017 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks... that did help. But I am not happy with the amount I am losing. Approx. 1lb per week since I joined and started tracking everything. I really find the whole system here motivating, but my weight loss has slowed down considerably, since I started really tracking and trying to stay under 1200. Today, I have mapped out my eating plan to correspond with my excercise burn this morning. So I am goingto aim for 200-400 extra calories (approx half my calorie burn for the day) and see where that takes me. Maybe you an answer something else for me..... I am a die-hard "low carber"...... any thoughts on this? Maybe that is also why my stats have slowed considerably, due to the fact that I realize there is no way a human being can survive their entire life w/o eating a potato or rice!!!! One of the reasons I joined here... to get myself back on track with just plain healthy eating, excercise and moderation. Or do you think that I should scale back even the good carbs, focus on a primarily protien and veggie based meal plan, combined with excercise? thx.