Strange NSVs

Options
Well, yesterday I blew it. Just totally blew it in the afternoon after being good all day long. I had planned on having one slice of pizza at the park at a picnic I was having with a friend and her kids. Then about 4 hours later on the way home, my eldest was hungry (and I was craving something BAD...I guess the pizza did it to me haha) so we stopped at sonic and I had a BLT (but they drenched it in butter...really, it was gross. Did I eat it anyway?? uh , yeah.) Then I had already blown it so I had a fudge stick/popsicle thingy. 2007 calories for the day.

NOW, why this day was full of non scale victories.
1) I had planned on eating just one piece of pizza...which I didn't really even think was possible. But I did it! (well minus my son's crust, but I gave my self an additional 100 calories on diary.)
2) When I was ordering at sonic, what I REALLY wanted was a footlong coney with all the STUFF on it. But I realized that my "bad food" craving would be just as satisfied with a BLT which surely had fewer calories (490 versus 830 to be exact) So I got the BLT instead, not tots or onion rings.
3) I knew that I'd have a sweet tooth after all the junk, b/c junk food just starts that vicious cycle in me. But I didn't get a sonic blast or shake, or ice cream at sonic like I might have done in the past. i went home and had a mayfield fudge stix (50 calories) instead.
and number 4) (this next one is big for me) I logged every DADGUM CALORIE!!! (I'm from the south so dadgum is an actual word ;p ) In the past, If I messed up even a little bit, or if I knew I was over my calories/points...i would just chuck it all, and then go into "oh well, I blew it" mode. In other words, I would have said "well, good decisions don't matter anymore b/c I've already messed up. Might as well eat what I want the rest of the day because I'm starting over tomorrow!" Well it does matter and I'm starting to see that now. Because I logged even the mess ups, I was able to visually see that even with the extra 800+ calories I consumed, I was UNDER my maintenance weight. It would take 2090 to maintain, and I consumed 2007. So except for the sodium, I still shouldn't have gained. In the past, I would have gone into a downward spiral that would have ended up in a 1000 to 2000 calorie overage...and that WOULD have been a gain.

SO, essentially, I'm turning a frown upside down. I'm trying to recognize old patterns and give my self props for the itty bitty baby steps that I may not even be aware I'm taking.

That is all :)

Replies

• zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is good. You are learning. You are making better choices. Continue to be careful, you'll make it!
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good for you! great set of NSV's...we all have those days when we eat over - that is part of life. It is the way we deal with it that shows how much we have changed!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It is a victory. When you start making better choices you have made it. Even though it would have been better not to get it at all. You were educated enough to make a better choice and it's all about 'better choices'. Baby steps.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Definitely an NSV - you broke a pattern of behavior and stayed accountable! Way to go!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!