Saggy Mid Section

Options
Help! I'm losing weight but I'm predicting saggy skin around my mid section. I'm fluctuating around 135 but I feel my mid section hasn't quite caught up.

Along with counting calories, I run on a regular basis. I've gone through 1 pregnancy, so I understand. Has anyone found a solution to minimize the 'extra'?

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    bump :) x
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing and it should help. But if it is extra skin, Don't really know if there is anything you can do?
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs and my mid section looks aweful!!! It firms up some and age has a lot to do with it, drinking lots of water is great for the skin and keeps it hydrated, most of the time it firms up some. But, there's always surgury...:ohwell: I have considered doing that, but it get expensive...
    Good luck and if you find something that really works, let us know....:smile:
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    and there's always SPANDEX!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JudyP0389
    JudyP0389 Posts: 46
    Options
    Try using a lotion with collagen and elastin in it. I use one from Vaseline. Though its a slow process, it is supposed to replenish your skin's elasticity. :smile:
  • GGMarie1501
    Options
    1 Baby oil that contains vitamin E (about 3 dls)
    2 palmers firming cocoa butter post pregnancy and weight loss (about 8 dls)
    3 pure cocoa butter (1 dl Freds)
    4 pure shea butter (1 dl Freds)
    5 palmers body oil for stretch marks (about 7 dls)
    6 witch hazel ( 1 dl DLR STR)

Ok so I have had two pregnancies and I bought the firming cocoa butter first and have been using it but later bought the pure cocoa butter and shea butter to have pretty much the same results. However a few weeks ago I wasn't able to get any of the cream out of the cocoa butter (pump bottle) so I added some of the pure cocoa and shea butters and baby oil and body oil and a bit of water and mixed it all just so I could get the rest out. I also googled what could help and came across a post about witch hazel and the healing effects so I bought some and applied it first and then the concoction. I have noticed DRASTIC improvement in my skin tone and my stretch marks are NOTICEABLY lighter. Out of all these I feel the most important are numbers 1, 2, 5, and 6. Good luck!!!