What is the best thing to drink when out?

Options
When I go out I usually drink vodka and fresh orange. I want to drink something with the vodka that has no or few calories. I have moved onto vodka and diet vimto but I really want to cut out fizzy drinks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have vodka with lime cordial and soda water. I suppose you could have still water with cordial of whatever flavour and vodka.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    water :)
  • traymast
    traymast Posts: 23
    Options
    Oops...sorry just realized you said when you go out! My girlfriend drinks the flavored vodka with soda and a lemon or lime

Crystal Light!
    Or Seltzer with a dab of soda or juice- if you want healthy fizz :)
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon ;)
  • leaw24
    leaw24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vodka with diet cranberry juice is yummy if the place you go has it...

MFP has diet cranberry (generic) listed as 5 cals a glass :) +++ NO FIZZ! lol
  • princess_f
    princess_f Posts: 148
    Options
    i drink diet coke with mine but my friend has soda water and lime with her vodka!
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a vodka tonic with diet tonic water which was actually fantastically low on calories but there are two problems with this drink; I would be surprised if any bar offered diet tonic water an you're trying to stay away from fizzy drinks.

I'm usually a scotch drinker (on the rocks) but in a pinch when we've been out I have gone for a flavored vodka (if they have Three Olives Vodka in your area, those are great) on the rocks. There is just enough flavor so that it doesn't taste like straight vodka but no extra calories to worry about....just be sure to go slow!
  • bigskinner
    bigskinner Posts: 42
    Options
    i have put weight on recently due to drinking when out. I love red wine particularly merlot, i can have three bottles in one night, as long as i dont eat any supper/dinner.

But i do have to be very controlled with my eating all week and also exercise 6 out of 7 seven days!!!

In regards to beer does anyone have any ideas of which is the best to drink??? bearing in mind that i can drink quite a bit!!
  • Laura87x
    Laura87x Posts: 1
    Options
    i find the best beer is carling i find it doesn't bloat me out and no gassy feeling while drinking it . hope that helps x
  • X_Bex_X
    X_Bex_X Posts: 14
    Options
    I've heard vodka tonic or vokda ad orange is best too drink with dieting - I drink vodka lemonade - sometimes have a double - or Malibu :)
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Vodka, diet juice (cranberry is good) and a slice of lemon, lime or orange squeezed in..
  • princess_f
    princess_f Posts: 148
    Options
    my other friend just told me to stop drinking...oh how i laughed at that!!
  • kcksmo
    kcksmo Posts: 19
    Options
    vodka water with lime.. delicious.
  • bigskinner
    bigskinner Posts: 42
    Options
    my other friend just told me to stop drinking...oh how i laughed at that!!

lol i couldnt stop need a drink to stay sane lol
  • tracimy9
    tracimy9 Posts: 15
    Options
    I either go for extra dirty stoli martinis or a flavored vodka, water & lemons squeezed in it. (I like the aboslut acai berry, three olives grape, or stoli cranberi the best like this. My husband prefers the three olives cherry.)