Vitamins?

Options
vemaddox
vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
Ive tried taking a multivitamins and it seems like to matter when i take it even with or without food it tends to make me nauseous...anyone else have a problem with this???

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I do. The Doctor told me to cut it in half and take with breakfast and dinner. See if it helps.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try the Flintstone chewable for kids. I know it sounds silly, but they don't make my husband or I sick while the others did.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Many times it's the specific vitamin that does that, so change vitamins. I actually had that problem. What I found is that If you take one that's fast and easily broken down by your body, so it's actually absorbed rather than becoming what us nurses fondly referred to as "bedpan bullets"... the nausea isn't a problem... I can even take my vits on an empty stomach now.... Linda/RN
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    My fiance and I also take the Flintstones Vitamins.... Mostly because I can't handle swallowing the horse-pills that adult vitamins are! I usually take it after breakfast and I feel fine! :)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue plus they make me burp! I take the Lil Critter Gummy Vitamins that my kids take. Or, you can take the Vitamin before bed and try and sleep through the queazy stomach feelings
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try the Flintstone chewable for kids. I know it sounds silly, but they don't make my husband or I sick while the others did.

Thats a great idea. I'm going to try it. Probably have to take more than one?
  • bicey305
    bicey305 Posts: 5
    Options
    RIGHT NOW I AM TAKING A PROBIOTIC (PEARL) WITH A GLASS OF WATER WHEN I FIRST WAKE UP, THEN IN THE MIDDLE OF BREAKFAST I HAVE AN OMEGA 3-6-9 AND A FLAX SEED VITAMIN. I DRINK 7-8 CUPS OF WATER DAILY AND THAT HELPS A LOT. IF YOU EAT THE RIGHT FOODS IT WILL GET TO THE POINT THAT YOU DONT NEED ALL THE VITAMINS. ON THE OTHER HAND...WE SHOULD ALL TAKE MULTI VITAMINS, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DETOX FIRST SO THAT YOUR BODY ABSORBS THE VITAMINS. HOPE THIS HELPS.
  • bglick
    bglick Posts: 6
    Options
    I used to have this problem but it stopped after a couple of weeks. I started taking my vitamin a couple minutes after i finish eating and it seems to work for me.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I also take the Flintstones Vitamins.... Mostly because I can't handle swallowing the horse-pills that adult vitamins are! I usually take it after breakfast and I feel fine! :)

I used to take them- LOVED em! Then i switched to Trader Joe's gummies.. cheaper! (And more age appropriate LOL)
  • bicey305
    bicey305 Posts: 5
    Options
    THIS HAPPENS BECASUE 1. YOUR BODY ISNT USED TO THEM AND 2. BECASUE YOU HAVE SO MANY TOXINS IN YOUR BODY THAT IT DOES NOT ABSORB THE VITAMINS. TRY DOING A 1-7 DAY DETOX (A HEALTHY ONE) AND IT WILL GET BETTER PROMISE!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    RIGHT NOW I AM TAKING A PROBIOTIC (PEARL) WITH A GLASS OF WATER WHEN I FIRST WAKE UP, THEN IN THE MIDDLE OF BREAKFAST I HAVE AN OMEGA 3-6-9 AND A FLAX SEED VITAMIN. I DRINK 7-8 CUPS OF WATER DAILY AND THAT HELPS A LOT. IF YOU EAT THE RIGHT FOODS IT WILL GET TO THE POINT THAT YOU DONT NEED ALL THE VITAMINS. ON THE OTHER HAND...WE SHOULD ALL TAKE MULTI VITAMINS, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DETOX FIRST SO THAT YOUR BODY ABSORBS THE VITAMINS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Please stop yelling, you are scarring me. :sad:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Ive tried taking a multivitamins and it seems like to matter when i take it even with or without food it tends to make me nauseous...anyone else have a problem with this???

Yes to multi-vitamins so I take Flintstones with Iron (I take other supplements as well that don't bother me)
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Please stop yelling, you are scarring me. :sad:

LOL!!!:laugh:
    Try taking the vitamin as soon as you finished eating.
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It could be the iron try one without iron or low iron. Iron makes me really sick! I take one with low iron. It doesn't bother me. I take the gnc be wholesome. It's expensive but if you go in at the beginning of the month it's on sale. :)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Thats a great idea. I'm going to try it. Probably have to take more than one?

I've talked to someone at the pharmacy and they said the doses for the kids ones are way too tiny.. like you could pop half the bottle and it wouldn't matter much.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard it is the iron. I use to vomit on my way to school every morning becasue of it! I have to take them with quite a bit of food at lunch and it works out fine
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I take prenatal vitamins with dha (2tablets). They will make you nauseous sue to the high amounts of nutrients. I take my vitamins after I eat dinner every night.