can't seem to lose so newly joined here for another approach

onward6811upward
onward6811upward Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

Retired & still trying to lose weight. This is fairly new to me .. I was never overweight until I moved south & quit smoking!! lol

But that was then & this is now. I exercise 5 - 6 x week. Sometimes it's just balance & coordination, using the Wii board, sometimes it's arm exercises with weights. I get bored easily so I change it up. My first priority is just being able to move - gets more important as one ages!!! I also want to keep muscles pulling skin in should I EVER lose weight!! Another problem when one ages..loss of skin elasticity. Also, 1 year cancer free but the surgery & chemo took its toll so coming back easy. And no lung cancer but breathing problems --- caused by too much stress! I quit smoking by one-puff-at-a-time. Really! It took me 3 months so I figured maybe that's how I can lose the weight - just slowly increase exercise & decrease food intake : )

So that's me ... retired, overweight, out-of-breath but cancer-free - 1 year & smoke-free - 5 yrs, 6 months... a little weak. So onward & upward looking for that kick-over that will start the weight loss.

Replies

• ericawolf2
    ericawolf2 Posts: 10 Member
    What motivation!! God bless you -- good for you & keep up the good work.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome to MFP! And welcome to the South! (Where the hair is big, and the waist-lines are even bigger!) This is a great place for encouragement and focus... Friend request sent. :)
  • I'm so proud of you for taking steps to a healthier lifestyle. This is an awesome site and you will find MUCH encouragement here. :flowerforyou: (Friend request sent.)
This discussion has been closed.