Meal Planning - Need Suggestions!

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
Hi All! As part of my Father's Day gift to my dad, I'm going to be making dinner for him on Sunday. Problem is - I'm having trouble figuring out what to make for him!!! This is where all of you come in. :-)

I know I want to make Gina's Cauliflower Fritters (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html), but that's as far as I'm getting. I want to stay low cal and I'd like to try and stay low carb, as well.

I asked my husband's advice and he simply said I should make something with some kind of sauce or gravy to go on the fritters (although, I think they are excellent plain).

Sooooo...Help me out here, Folks! What should I make for Father's Day dinner?????

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How about a lovely steak (NY Strip perhaps)? Or Grilled Shrimp Kebabs would be even better... The cauliflower fritters, and a nice green salad tossed with mushrooms, walnuts, a bit of blue cheese crumbles, olive oil and balsamic sound like a winner to me!
  • corinemh
    corinemh Posts: 22
    Options
    I think Photorific has a great idea. Instead of the shrimp kababs you can make grilled chicken kababs with vegies and peppers. Either way I think that would be really yummy and filling as well.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my hubby's favorite meal is grilled cheese sandwiches. not very exotic, but that's what we are having. :)