Anyone else really tired..

Options
I am really tired these last couple of days..I wonder why? Any hints to pick me up in the middle of the day.

Replies

• suzannehusted
    suzannehusted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am really tired these last couple of days..I wonder why? Any hints to pick me up in the middle of the day.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I heard that an apple will "wake you up" better than a cup of coffee (go figure!) also (even though this seems paradoxical) - take a 15 minute walk at lunch. This will get your blood moving.

If fatigue continues, then you should look at what you are eating and how often. If you don't have enough protein/carbs or wait too long between meals, your blood sugar will plummet - making you tired. Try to eat small meals with a balance of carbs and protein every 3 hours.

Also, when I don't get enough iron (anemia) I am EXHAUSTED. I find a multi-vitamin permanently fixed this problem!
  • suzannehusted
    suzannehusted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow, really apples...i am going to have to try that out, and making more small meals..thanks for all your help.
  • cherrySue
    cherrySue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right after I get up, I drink a full glass of water. It does refresh me. I agree with MollyK on eating small meals between big meal. In addition, eating a lot of fruit and vegetable also help me less tired.
  • sopre1
    sopre1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found that I get really tired in the afternoon too, and if I need a pick me up I do allow myself a soda sometimes regular sometimes diet depending on how my calories are going for the day. I have still found even with that one high calorie thing I am still under my daily goal. Get a 12 0z can though, or just have a glass full.