Jillian Michaels has destroyed me - shoudl I be doing it aga

cherryburton
cherryburton Posts: 18 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been going to the gym most of this year and running at least once a week so am not a total exercise virgin by any means.

But I did the 30 day Shred dvd yesterday and my god, I can barely walk down the stairs today and she wants me to do it again.

Is it a good idea to do it again today or will I just end up more ruined?

I was going to go for a run today but I really don't think I can, my thighs are shot!

(Must be good though?!)

Replies

• hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    DO IT!!!

It absolutely killed me the first day but however bad you feel keep with it cos it doesnt get any worse than the first time.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    If you're shot, you're shot. Don't stress over a couple of needed days off. Give your body a quick rest and then right back at it! I guarantee you won't be as sore next time!
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    haha, I started 30DS yesterday too...I layed on the floor for about 20 minutes when I finished, unsure if I'd ever move again. I am sore this morning but intend to do a second day. Good luck!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    It's VERY good and I swear it gets easier. Maybe take a day and just do running, it will loosen up the tight thigh muscles. Then get right back to it, you WILL get stronger. Day 1 level 1 I thought I was dying now I can get through all three levels, still panting and sweating my butt off but its amazing to see the strength I have gained in such a short time.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    after my first day i took a 24 hour rest. Then it was a little better the next time around. if your in that much pain i would def. let your body rest!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Keep going!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    I say push through and do it again today but at your own pace. It does get better and you'll feel great at the end of the 30 days. I finished it a little over a week ago and am now doing her Ripped in 30 DVD. You get really good results!

Good luck :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    You should do it. Once your muscles get warmed up and stretched it won't hurt as bad. It'll just be pushing through the soreness at first that'll be tough.

Great job!
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    I did all 30 days... Days 2-4 are THE WORST. It gets better after 5... :)
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Yes Do it!! Once you get started you will feel better. You have to work through it or you'll stay sore longer. After day 3 you should be okay and you'll be glad you stayed with it.

I like to think of my soreness as growing muscles....not an easy job for the body. :bigsmile:
    Good Luck!
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Do it again! You will only get better!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Make sure you stretch a lot before and after. As for today, If it's not a "good sore" I would just go for a long walk and pick it back up tomorrow.
  • I know the first time I did it I thought I was going to die. I was thinking I must be really out of shape. I skipped it the next day and did it the day after. I did it 3 times total and it still didn't get any easier. I haven't done it for awhile and am trying to get myself talked back into doing it. I was lame everywhere :)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Keep it up! But do your own lower impact version that keeps you in a comfortable spot. You can build up to the full impact.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    The burn tells you it's working! I could barely walk for the first 3 days. After the fourth day it starts to get easier, trust me. I was the biggest baby in the world, my poor husband had to listen to me whine and complain about how sore I was that whole week. I have two flights of stairs in my house so trust me, I know :wink: Anyway, in my experience the only thing that helps with soreness is stretching and, you guessed it, more exercise!! It's all worth it in the end, trust me! I'm on Day 26 today and I am so much stronger than when I started! Don't give up! You won't regret pushing on :flowerforyou: and good luck!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Don't do it! Any good trainer will tell you NOT to work the same muscle groups two days in a row. Your muscles get microscopic tears that need a rest day to repair- that is how you build muscle. If you overwork them, you will break them down. So working the same muscle group day after day after day is actually really bad advice. Jillian may be famous, and while I do enjoy her workouts and she does have some great advice, some of it shouldn't be followed. Hope that helps!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Glutamine FTW!
  • jernigan51
    jernigan51 Posts: 92
    I did it once and never returned! HOWEVER, I have two friends that stuck with it, even after Day 1, and SWEAR that after a week they didn't hurt any more, and that it works!
  • Don't do it two days in a row. Your body needs to repair itself. Keep doing it but every other day.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    The program is designed for daily use. That is what will give you the best results. As someone who's lost inches all over and I'm not even finished with the program yet, I can tell you it works. The only time you should be resting is if you've been lifting weights (pretty sure 2-3lb hand weights don't count as heavy weight lifting :tongue: or you've injured yourself and need time to heal.
This discussion has been closed.