waist measurments

Options
Just curious if I measured my waist correctly...if you're approximately 5'6 & 160 pounds, what is your waist measurement??

Replies

• Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    That depends on where your body holds its weight.... I am 5'6" and when I weighed 159 pounds my waist measured 29.5 inches. Now at 149 pounds it measures 28 inches.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    There's no way you could go off of your height and weight, at all. There's a girl on here who is my friend and her profile says she was 365 lbs. and in all of her pictures her waist is MUCH MUCH smaller than mine. I am only 5'2" and 271, but MOST of my weight is in my belly, not all, but def most. I still look like I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant with my twins, lol, and they're a year old!
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, everyone's body shape/type is different, but I've always been told to measure the waist directly over your belly button.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, everyone's body shape/type is different, but I've always been told to measure the waist directly over your belly button.

see, that's where i'm confused. do i measure my waist as over my belly button or the spot between my chest and my hips that is the smallest? i always hvae troubles picking out clothing when it asks for your waist size. in those instances, i substitute what i call my "belly" measurement : )
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    For a proper waist measurement, you measure at the smallest part above your belly button. Try bending to the sides and front and back. It's where there is a crease. That's your actual 'waist'. Hope this helps!