Water

Options
Ok, before I am attacked, I get that "only water should be counted as water". I don't count the sparkling waters or diet drinks. But what about unsweetened, home brewed green tea? Does that count toward water? I brew green tea bags and add nothing to it. Does anyone count this in their water intake?

Replies

• blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would...tea plain is good for you and the base of it is just that...water :)
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I would...tea plain is good for you and the base of it is just that...water :)

My thoughts exactly!
  • jernigan51
    jernigan51 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have a 32 oz unsweetened tea from Sonic just about every day, and I figure if don't meet my "actual water" total, I've had at least half in tea!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Of course that counts as water!! Adding some tea doesn't negate the fact that it's made with water! Thats where I get half of my water intake anyway... I dont enjoy chugging water either. :)
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    Some days the water is alright, but for some reason today I just can't. I've had some food aversions lately too... Hmmmmm
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chugging water is the only way. I drink 2 liters every day. Faker.
  • SenoraMacias
    Options

People are on this site just doing the best they can. Some can't drink all water all the time, so they opt for the next best thing. At least it's not diet soda or something.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yea we all know how bad diet soda is....*rolls eyes*

I suggest making your own cheese, that should help with your water aversion. Is your green tea organic?
  • seardefilip
    Options
    I have a really hard time drinking plain water unless its REALLY cold, but I have found MIO and it has increased my water intake and I have been quite successful in getting in at LEAST 8 glasses a day...:drinker:
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Although tea is a diuretic, it's OK to count as water intake so long as you don't add anything.
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    I dont agree...Tea is just as good...just my opinion though..and I wouldn't call anyone a faker either...:happy:
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options

I dont agree with this either.... I would defo count it towards your water intake :-)
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    Well, just logged my green tea as 1 cup of water! Feeling good about this decision.
  • memieof3
    memieof3 Posts: 33
    Options
    I hate WATER as well as some OTHER people. I drink MIO and cystal light packets energy, hunger control, immunity ect. I do drink Diet Ginger ale also but I don't count this as water intake.
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hate WATER as well as some OTHER people. I drink MIO and cystal light packets energy, hunger control, immunity ect. I do drink Diet Ginger ale also but I don't count this as water intake.

Three questions:

What is MIO?

Is there a such thing as too much water? I drink water all the time and sometime I just want something else to drink.

Is putting honey and lemon in your green tea taking away from the tea? I use it when I just have to have some taste, I like the Crystal Light packets.

HELP!!!
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options

Three questions:

What is MIO?

Is there a such thing as too much water? I drink water all the time and sometime I just want something else to drink.

Is putting honey and lemon in your green tea taking away from the tea? I use it when I just have to have some taste, I like the Crystal Light packets.

HELP!!!

Honey and lemon are fine because they're natural. As for MIO, I'll have to defer to the others. I too have no idea.
  • SenoraMacias
    Options
    MIO is like Crystal Lite I think. It's something you can add to water to give it flavor. I think once you add honey (the lemon is fine) it's no longer water, because you are adding calories and sugar. Just my opinion!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Mio is a liquid flavor enhancer for water. I haven't tried it, only seen it in the store. It looks to be pretty expensive for what you get (compared to my store-brand Crystal Light) but I don't know how many servings you get from a little bottle of it, either.

I count my Crystal Light as water. I drink my 8 glasses at least and I have to say I'm a lot less bloated than when I was drinking the same amount of Diet Mountain Dew (I'm not a diet soda hater, I made the switch out of curiosity more than anything else) and that pretty much convinced me. ;)
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz unsweetened tea from Sonic just about every day, and I figure if don't meet my "actual water" total, I've had at least half in tea!

I do the same thing.

I am actually confused why everyone is worried about water. Does your calories count different with or without water? Yes it is important. Yes I try and drink a few glasses a day. But I just HATE water. I grab a large iced tea, unsweet, on my way to work and finish that off during the day, then some water at night. But why are you so worried about water? Did I miss a topic that says you gain weight without water?

Girl your doing good to by the way Caroline!