Newbie looking for lunch ideas

Options
tony2009
tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
Hello, this is my first post on MFP, I am a 20 yr. old college student working a desk job for the summer pursuing my goal of looking better and dropping some more lbs. I found this when I was looking for a calorie counter app on my blackberry to keep track of what I eat because I have a problem keeping my diet on track = (. I am finding this site to be amazing, I plan the meals I'm going to eat, so that I don't stray away from my diet plans for the day, and I also talked a few of my friends into using this too, so now I have people to keep me accountable, which is extremely helpful.

The only problem is that I eat lunch at work, where I have a microwave, and I'm looking for some good things that are easy to prepare at home the night before. I usually have pasta, simple rice, and similar things because they're easy to fix and prepare quickly the night before.

Any suggestions are welcome! = )

Replies

• Alexa1471
    Alexa1471 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'll be checking this for suggestions too!

But I like to prepare lots of salad at the start of the week, and then each night put it into a tupperware for lunch, I have bottle of balsamic vinegar in my drawer to put on the salad just before i tuck in
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how well stocked your grocery store is but our store sells this great pre-cooked, seasoned and shredded chicken breast. I use that stuff to make a lot of different meals. The seasoning is sort of Mexican so it lends itself to quick soft tacos (on corn tortillas, much lower fat), easy enchiladas that you can make the night before, and I also like to add it to the light Progresso southwest style soup. It's great on salads too.

If your store doesn't carry anything like that, it's easy to make yourself. Just boil some chicken breast in water with some seasonings in it then shred it after it cools. If you're boiling whole breasts, make sure you remove the skin before you boil. There's a nice basic recipe here http://allrecipes.com/recipe/boiled-chicken/Detail.aspx.

Good luck with your weight loss!