It could have been worse!

Options
I made some pizzas on Tumaro's multigrain, low carb tortillas topped with turkey sausage, mushrooms, black olives and weight watchers mozzarella cheese. I went ahead and made four of them, since that's how many tortillas I had and I was going to take three of them with me for lunch tomorrow to share with my boyfriend, who does not eat anything the least bit spicy. I was concerned about the sausage but I tasted it before I put it on the pizzas and it was mild enough.

So, I assembled and baked my beautiful pizzas, sliced one up and proceeded to eat it. It was hot and spicy, which is fine with me but I knew my boyfriend couldn't tolerate it. It took me awhile to figure out where the heat was coming from but I determined it was the sauce. I reached into the trash can and pulled out the tomato sauce can. I had no idea there was even such a thing as Hot, Mexican style tomato sauce! I had added garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning to it and it was actually pretty awesome.

I'm just glad I tasted it before I took any of it to him!

Oh, and I ate 2 of them and froze the other 2. I should have only eaten one but, hey, it's better than pigging out on a Digiorno's!

Replies

• froggirl
    Options
    I made some pizzas on Tumaro's multigrain, low carb tortillas topped with turkey sausage, mushrooms, black olives and weight watchers mozzarella cheese. I went ahead and made four of them, since that's how many tortillas I had and I was going to take three of them with me for lunch tomorrow to share with my boyfriend, who does not eat anything the least bit spicy. I was concerned about the sausage but I tasted it before I put it on the pizzas and it was mild enough.

So, I assembled and baked my beautiful pizzas, sliced one up and proceeded to eat it. It was hot and spicy, which is fine with me but I knew my boyfriend couldn't tolerate it. It took me awhile to figure out where the heat was coming from but I determined it was the sauce. I reached into the trash can and pulled out the tomato sauce can. I had no idea there was even such a thing as Hot, Mexican style tomato sauce! I had added garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning to it and it was actually pretty awesome.

I'm just glad I tasted it before I took any of it to him!

Oh, and I ate 2 of them and froze the other 2. I should have only eaten one but, hey, it's better than pigging out on a Digiorno's!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Haha anythign is better than the frozen pizza. Even the WW brand is loaded with sodium.

That sounds like a yummy recipe, thanks for the idea. I am getting bored to death of the same foods.

Last night I found a recipe for LF chicken satay with a peanut butter dipping sauce. Cant wait for lunch today!!

:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i bought some tortillas to make some pizza's too this week.,.

i had a hugeeeeee pizza craving and though this would do fine

hummmmmmmmmmmmmm pizzzzzzaaaaaaaaaa