Net Weekly Calories??

Shanell802
Shanell802 Posts: 37
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I did pretty badly last night...I went 300 calories over my net goal for the day. Can I make it up today? If I eat less and workout more, does today's good offset yesterday's bad? How much value should I put into the weekly goal?

I'm working hard to meet my goal of under 200 by my 5 year wedding anniversary (July 1st)...and I have 7 lbs to go. That's tough, and I hope I can still make it. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    That is one thing that I sort of mentally do. So, let's say I'm a bit under calories on Thursday & Friday, but then I go over because of dinner out on Saturday. I figure that the average for the WEEK is in line, even if I might have been over or under on certain days.

For example, on Sundays I generally get a LOT more exercise in, and I have a TON of extra calories leftover. I'm eating fine, but because I have yoga and a long bike ride on Sundays, I get a lot of extra calories on that day. Well, if I have an event on Saturday, I might try to stay in line but may go over - may not be sure how to calculate certain foods in a restaurant or a party. I just choose to believe it is offset somewhat by my leftover calories on Sunday.
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    I've been wondering the same thing. I went over 250 the other day at a bbq...and under 250 the next. Wondering if it balances out. Hope so...:wink:
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    WW works that way....so I am going to say it works. I will try not to make a habit of it....but, it really is what we are doing overall, not just one day here and day there.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Yes, in a way it's like zig-zagging your calories.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    That's not that many calories over. It takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound so you're good. Just make it up today.
    By the way, my one year wedding anniversary is July 1st!! :)
  • emciriaco
    emciriaco Posts: 41
    It does balance out over the week. As my pediatrician reminds me, I don't need to worry that my son is gorging on everythign in sight one day and living off milk and apple slices for the next three. It all balances out in the long run.

One thing you should make sure you do, though, is get enough calcium and iron daily. Those don't carry over from day to day.

Best of luck to you in your goal! You can do it!!!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I read that your body only has a 24 hour memory, and therefore just try to exercise more on days where I know I'm going to eat more. That said, if you're slightly under one day, as far as math is concerned, you will lose more on a day that you are slightly over, and if I do go over (unplanned) I do zig zag under and upto my NET by a bit for a few days until I've made up the excess calories consumed :)
  • Shanell802
    Shanell802 Posts: 37
    Thanks for the help and encouragement. I've been doing WW and knew that's how it worked, but wanted more opinions. And happy anniversary to Kristi!
This discussion has been closed.