Is it my scale?

Options
So, in a moment of weakness I weighed myself today after doing so the day before and saw I had gained 5 pounds. Now I know water weight and all that but I'm on a water pill ( given to me by my doctor) which had kept me stable for a couple days after loosing 12 lbs in water. Could it be my scale? It's a WW and is about 4-5 years old. I know the sucker has been knocked around quite a bit. Theories?

Replies

• fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It may be the battery. Mine was doing that and worked fine after I changed the battery.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My scale is a moody b!tch and hates me. She likes to vary my number by up to 5 lbs in any given day as well. I am a chronic morning weigher, but that's more of a gauge to see how my exercise/food/sodium affected me from the day before. I only dwell on the # on my 1 weekly weigh in day though.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh at the same time as the day before? Had you eaten or had anything to drink? These things will make your results vary as well. My weight fluctuates about 4lbs a day depending on the time of day I weigh, but I do weigh every morning and the next morning it will be with point something of the day before's weigh in.

That's weigh the same time under the same conditions.... otherwise you will not get an accurate picture.