yogurt + oatmeal = SO GOOD

Options
Ok so by accident I stumbled across my new favorite snack/breakfast item. I was making meals for the next day and I mixed some oatmeal with yogurt and left it in the fridge overnight. When I went to eat it the next day I discovered that the oatmeal absorbs all the liquid from the yogurt, making the oatmeal soft and leaving the yogurt super creamy. It is SO GOOD. So now I am totally obsessed. It makes a great morning/afternoon snack or breakfast.

Replies

• msblondy16
    Options
    Ok so by accident I stumbled across my new favorite snack/breakfast item. I was making meals for the next day and I mixed some oatmeal with yogurt and left it in the fridge overnight. When I went to eat it the next day I discovered that the oatmeal absorbs all the liquid from the yogurt, making the oatmeal soft and leaving the yogurt super creamy. It is SO GOOD. So now I am totally obsessed. It makes a great morning/afternoon snack or breakfast.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Dry oatmeal? Instant or regular? I might have to try that . . . :tongue:
  • haleyk
    Options
    thanks for the tip....i love stuff like that.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love yogurt and oatmeal! That's my most frequent breakfast item. :bigsmile:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    i just use plain steel-cut oats that are the regular-cooking kind (i have no idea what the difference between regular and quick is!)
  • msblondy16
    Options
    p.s. yes just dry oats. just put oats in a tupperware, top with some yogurt, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. YUM!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    How much oatmeal?

How much yogurt?
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    How much oatmeal?

How much yogurt?

Still wondering how much...
  • susan62
    Options
    I used 1/2 cup oatmeal with 6 oz. of yogurt. Turned out really good.:smile:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • msblondy16
    Options
    sorry away from my computer for the weekend...I usually do 1/3 cup of oatmeal and about 1/2 cup of yogurt, but you can kind of play around as you like. hope you like it!