Looking for new suggestion of low impact aerobics DVD

Options
Hi Fitness Pals, I'm 53 years old and I do low impact aerobics. I just can't do the high impact ones at this time. Currently I walk with Leslie Sansone for 36 minutes and finish up on my treadmill for 20 minutes. Can anyone suggest another low impact DVD? I appreciate any help.

Replies

• sparkeyparkey_8
    Options
    My mom does the chair aerobic dvds, I haven't done them put she really likes them. I believe she got them at amazon.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You can get on an elliptical which is very gentle on joints.

You can do water aerobics or pool walking.

Take a fast,long walk

kickboxing--does not require any jumping on the joints.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    My favorite is Jane Fonda's Favorite Fat Burners. However, last I checked it was only available on VHS!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi Fitness Pals, I'm 53 years old and I do low impact aerobics. I just can't do the high impact ones at this time. Currently I walk with Leslie Sansone for 36 minutes and finish up on my treadmill for 20 minutes. Can anyone suggest another low impact DVD? I appreciate any help.

I am a Leslie Sansone disciple. She has a 5 mile walk also. If you scan the Fitness Channel on your cable guide, they may have some there you can try to see if you like them.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Most workout DVDs will give you a low impact option - there's usually one person in the class/group who will take it easier so you can still follow along. The only one I've tried like that so far is Hip Hop Abs. If memory serves, the Turbo Fire DVDs have a low impact option too.