What do you think about when running?

Options
124»

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Shagging:laugh:
    pounding out the frustration on the streets eh? er hang on, that did NOT sound right!! :laugh:
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    "don't pass out, don't pass out, don't pass out....."

bAHAHAHA! I've mentally had to do this before!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like to think about the things that are going on in my life. The decisions that I'm going to make and once I get that runner's high I don't know if I really think about anything to be honest. Its kind of like just a peaceful state of mind and everything is perfect! If the run is hard then I mentally talk to myself and say "You can do this, you have done this before just push through it and tmr will be better"!
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't think about anything. It's just me, the road, and my MP3.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I carry out mental arithmetic over and over. It's usually something like this: "If I run 8 km, and I go at 6 mph an hour, how long will it take me? 6 * 1.6 = 9.6 km... 8 / 9.6 = erm.... 80 / 96... 20 / 24...5 / 6... 0.83... * 60 = 50 minutes! Phew!" (I never run this fast :( )

HAHAHA!!!
    Same here.... I'm constantly doing math in my head (from my Engineering days I guess)... calculating pace, estimated finish times, heart rate averages, solving for the area under the curve... all kinds of weird stuff. :smile:

I have never thought of integrating functions on a run. Thanks for the idea! My runs should last a lot longer now...
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i only run when procrastinating on school work. so "FML I'M SO SCREWED" is a common thought
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm just teaching myself how to run=)

Atm all I am thinking about is one step two step one step two step breath ,etc. I notice I forget to breathe half the time lol.