MFP Runners September 26

Options
Good morning runners! Sleep-in morning today - work-out tonight, long run tomorrow. Go out and make it a good day!

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners! Sleep-in morning today - work-out tonight, long run tomorrow. Go out and make it a good day!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Got up and walked for 45 minutes this morning, probably 2.5 miles. I didn't keep track of distance, just time and HR. Did a boot camp DVD last night. Forgot how hard it is. Whew! It kicked my butt! First 5K run tomorrow morning at 8:00 am ET. Here's to hoping I don't look too foolish... :embarassed:
    Happy Friday everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Good morning,

Full body strength training today--no run.

Margie--Good luck on your run. I'm sure you won't look foolish.

Have a good weekend!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks.... but you have obviously never seen me run! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Nah, it's not too bad, but I'm still so slow I'll probably get passed by the power walkers! :noway: :laugh:
    Oh well, no where to go but up!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    No run for me today. Turbo Sculpt video.

Best of luck tomorrow, Margie!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No run for me today.

Margie - best of luck! You'll be great! :bigsmile:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Question for all you cold weather runners...

What kind of running jacket do you wear in the dead of winter? I'm looking for a nice, warm jacket, so I can run outdoors even on the coldest days. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm taking today off!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Morning! My runs are from Thurs to Sunday. Today I ran 4, walked about 1/2 mile in between. Time to fess up--I had my first flat out, face down fall today! :embarassed: My knees and shoulder are skinned but my pride hurts more. I am proud I got up, walked for a minute, and started running again. Mind you, this was at 5:30 and the first thing I did was look around and see if anyone saw me. Nobody else was out yet, thank god. The belly flop in the cement could probably be heard for miles!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

What kind of running jacket do you wear in the dead of winter? I'm looking for a nice, warm jacket, so I can run outdoors even on the coldest days. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I got a wind check fleece type of jacket that I LOVE. I layer it with a dry wick t-shirt underneath so if I sweat I don't freeze when the wind hits me. I also swear by a good pair of dry-wick running tights. I have a pair of Nike ones that I bought 2 years ago and do a LOT of cold weather running (I live in IL).

HTH!

Jess
  • Slender1
    Options
    I only ran 6 but I was on a treadmill this morning - which I hate! (My training said to run 8 this week.) I felt like I could have kept going but I'm getting ready to head out of town and was short on time. Oh well! At least I did something!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    No workout for me....5k tomorrow. I'm hoping to keep it under 24 minutes, but there is a long uphill stretch at the end. Fortunately, the course is the main street I live a block away from, so I've been training on the uphill. I will be happy to do as good as the last race.

Race tomorrow=pizza today!

Rae
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Rae / Margie,
    Good luck on your races tomorrow. Run hard, have fun!! :happy: :happy:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I wear layers. I dry wick turtle neck, a dry wick fleece and then just a wind jacket over. Cover neck and chin, wear hat and gloves. I usually have to vent open the jacket, I warm up fast.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No real run for me today. Ran 1 mile on Tm and biked 1 mile as warmup for upper body workout.

Rae and Margie, good luck and have fun in your races!

Carol
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good luck to the racers!!!

I did a kickboxing workout today. Planning on a run tomorrow. We're traveling to my IL's so I'll have to find a safe route to run. I'll take my ipod and do a Cardio coach workout (cardiocoach.com) They are awesome for when you have to do a solo run! I'm so spoiled by running w/ my buddies that I get so bored on my own without these! :yawn:

have a good one!

Jess
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Omg I DIED today!!! I started my run got to 2 miles and totally crapped out!!!!:mad: I was sooo frustrated! Any ideas why this happened? I took yesterday off. Anyone else ever had this?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Omg I DIED today!!! I started my run got to 2 miles and totally crapped out!!!!:mad: I was sooo frustrated! Any ideas why this happened? I took yesterday off. Anyone else ever had this?

Did you eat enough carbs/ cals?? Have you done a lot of running earlier in the week? We all have those days when we just don't have it in us, I'm sure!! I know some mornings I could keep going and other mornings I feel like 3 miles is all I have in me! Hope you feel better tomorrow!

Jess
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Im a little low on the carbs. 115 and i should be at 191. Will that make that much of a difference?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Im a little low on the carbs. 115 and i should be at 191. Will that make that much of a difference?

Yep, for running you need your carbs! Eat up, girl! :wink:

Jess