Looking for support

Options
I'm looking for some support and not sure of the best way to go about it as I am relatively new here. I am 37 and have about 10 pounds to lose for my cruise in late July. I'd love to have some folks to chat with. My strategy is a calorie-counting diet with between 1200-1500 calories per day together with a varietey of exercise at least five days per week. My diet downfalls are snacks at work, not packing my lunch, and eating after 7 PM. My exercise downfalls are inability to get up early and inability to exercise after 8:30 when my daughter goes to sleep. I work full-time at a sedentary job.

I guess I'm just looking for a few friends...

Replies

• jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    I felt the same way you did, no time or energy to exercise and watch what I ate, but MFP really helps and motivates because you see your progress and there are some GREAT people on here that are very supportive and informative! I have lost 6 lbs in 5 weeks and make the time to exercise because it's "my" time and it's important for me to be healthy!
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    sounds like you have a plan but you have to plan meals lol. I plan most of my lunches and even if I eat a different dinner then my family then thats what I do. Snacks are ok if you are eating low calorie snacks and eating after 7 is ok as long as you are getting in the proper amount of activity in a day and staying within your calories. Hope this helps, friend request on the way....:bigsmile:
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Meal-planning is so key. Anyone got some good lunch ideas for things I can pack ahead of time? The mornings are so busy, especially since I try to work out in the mornings. I worked out for 45 mins, but then I ran out of time to make lunch. I bought a bag of nuts, but it really isn't enough... sigh. There's just so much to do in a day. My job is crazy right now since my supervisor is out getting married and I'm doing both our jobs right now.