Need a healthy and easy recipes

Options
Hi I need a recipes for recipes for using Eggplant and also to make stuffed bell peppers

Replies

• ASchreiber321
    ASchreiber321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try www.eatingwell.com. They have a lot of good information and you'll find several recipes for eggplant and stuffed bell peppers!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Try www.eatingwell.com. They have a lot of good information and you'll find several recipes for eggplant and stuffed bell peppers!

That's what I was going to say! Eatingwell always has yummy stuff!
  • chubbymama2boys
    Options
    we just grill eggplant with a brush of olive oil, salt, pepper... it's yummy!
    as for stuffed peppers, have you tried a regular recipe but using ground turkey and brown rice as substitues?
    GOOD LUCK :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    For Stuffed Bell Peppers (oddly, this is on my menu for this week, too) - I just make a meatloaf type mixture and add to the peppers. Rough guess (this would be for the "easy version") 1 can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, 1/2 minced onion, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1/2 can tomato paste, 1 egg, 1# ground beef (or turkey), salt and pepper to taste... mix all that together - and stuff the peppers. Add water to the rest of the tomato paste to thin out a bit, and pour over the peppers. They should be done after about 35 min at 350.

Eggplant is also on my list this week. (maybe you should just come over for dinner - lol) We're slicing it thin (about 1/2"), grilling it until it's a bit dried out and chewy, and using it as the "crust" for pizzas. You could also slice it thinner (1/4") and grill or bake it to dry it out a bit and use in place of lasagne noodles.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    for eggplant, cut into rounds and roast in the oven with some bell pepper and tomato slices. stack all veggies on a plate and top with small amount of mozzarella and a little tomato sauce if needed for a roasted eggplant parm.

make a Mexican stuffed pepper using rice, taco seasoning/salsa, ground turkey, black beans and veggies as the filling.