early morning workout leading to upset stomach all day

Options
nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
i have tried twice now (months apart) to get up at 6am and get on the treadmill before i have to start getting ready for work. the first time i tried i jogged for 15 mins and ended up sick to my stomach all day long but blamed it on an argument i had with my sister. then this morning i tried again and walked for 20 mins with an incline and so far have had the same results. i didn't eat anything before i started--i normally eat after a workout. i had a few sips of water before starting then probably another 12-16 ounces total during and right after the workout. i don't understand what is going on. i never feel sick like this with my evening workouts. am i dehydrated from not drinking water beforehand or...?

Replies

• xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It may be that working out on an empty stomach is not your cup of tea..I would try eating a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter, drinking a glass of water, waiting 20 mintues..then working out...you may just need some food and water ! I like to run on an empty stomach early in the morning..but as it gets later in the day and I haven't eaten anything..I eat a banana and go run
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    this happens to me if i workout with nothing in my tummy.
    i usually drink a full glass of water and eat a cheese stick or some granola before i workout in the morning and it stops me from getting sick. i usually give myself about 10 minutes of slow walking to get warmed up before i really crank of the speed and that seems to help me too!
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice! i normally don't eat before because when i tried that in the evenings it always made the workout more uncomfortable with a belly full of food. looks like i'm going to have to get up a bit earlier to have time for a snack first and see if that helps. thank you!
  • maja7
    maja7 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am pretty sure it is because you did not eat. It has happened to me as well. I got so sick once... I thought I was going to die. It was around 11 AM, I went on the treadmill for about twenty minutes (had nothing to eat). When done, I was so nauseous... took me a while to recover.