fustrated...!!!

Options
:explode: i don't understand! since the 14th of this month i have been eating 1200 cals or less....been either jogging for 40 min. or curcuit trainingfor an hour AT LEAST 5 times a week and on the scale.......NO Differance!!! how is this possible!!!! for a girl who never did ANY excercise and ate fast food 3-4 times a week i would think there would be a huge differance!!!....i know it only been almost 2 weeks but come on.....give me something at least!!!!! geez!

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    :explode: i don't understand! since the 14th of this month i have been eating 1200 cals or less....been either jogging for 40 min. or curcuit trainingfor an hour AT LEAST 5 times a week and on the scale.......NO Differance!!! how is this possible!!!! for a girl who never did ANY excercise and ate fast food 3-4 times a week i would think there would be a huge differance!!!....i know it only been almost 2 weeks but come on.....give me something at least!!!!! geez!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Have you read the 'eat your excersize calories' information on MFP? You're probably not eating enough so the body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the fat/weight. I don't have the links handy, but I'm sure someone else does! or you can do a search...
    Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! 2 years ago my husband and I started working out together, and after a month I had lost 2 pounds...He had lost ELEVEN!! I was POed, to say the least! But I kept with it and soon after that dissapointing weigh in, the pounds started flying off! It was insane!

Unfortunately I didn't stick with it and the pounds piled BACK on :grumble:

But the point of my post is to not get discouraged, and just stick with it! Pretty soon you will start seeing amazing results. Not necessarily on the scale, but through how you feel and how your clothes fit. There are so many different ways to measure success, not just by the number that pops up when you weigh. I have trouble believing that myself, and I'm constantly obssessing about the number, but maybe together we can get through this! I'm on week 2 also, so more power to us!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Sherri, I think you may have solved your own problem to your frustration...you said you have been eating 1200 calories or less. There is the problem. That is the all out lowest amount anyone should eat. And I have no idea of your height, weight, BMR, etc. There are many others on here that have much more educated answers and if you look on the boards, you will find some great reads for beginners which will explain this concept and more. Best of luck, and many blessings!