Gaining Weight

Options
I know many of you are thinking, I would LOVE to have that problem, but you definitely do not want this problem! Besides the fact that I have been teased and bullied my whole life (called Anna Rexic), I have health problems, osteoporosis and vitamin deficiencies due to being underweight my entire life. I have celiac disease (gluten free) as well as gastroperisis (spelling is incorrect but basically a fancy term for a slow digesting stomach that cannot handle fatty foods).

I am just seeking someone who is also trying to gain weight and hopefully has some words of advice or tips on what to do.

Thank you :)
- BFalc

Replies

• aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I am not trying to gain weight, but I have been in that boat before. I wanted to reply to this because I also have Celiac's. I know that staying gluten free is supposed to make it easier to gain weight, as your body will be able to absorb nutrients, etc better. It would be especially hard to gain weight without gluten or fatty foods. I would try things like Thai food - rice noodles are delicious and high calorie without being fatty. Obviously rice is the same. My mom has a really tasty spinach and pine nut recipe with rice.

What types of foods are you able to eat with gastroperisis? I don't know much about it. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can share Celiac's recipes, etc. Dietary restrictions can be tough, but you can do this!

Best of luck!

P.S. just saw your profile and realized we're the same age and I have the same amount of weight to lose as you do to gain! I put on some pounds after my Celiac's diagnosis.
  • bfalc
    bfalc Posts: 5
    Options
    Anything with spices (cumin and main Thai food spices) are hard for me to digest. I just get full really quickly and nauseous so I have to stop eating sometimes for the entire day, which makes it even harder to gain weight! I have seen Asian noodles that are gluten free and are in plainer broth , is that the same as Thai noodles?

I usually cannot have steak or red meat, if I do it needs to be lean or in moderation. I can't eat barbeque (which usually isn't gluten free anyway), milkshakes (even though I try to eat them to get the high calories), french fries, junk food, etc.

I requested you so hopefully we will be able to exchange some good recipes!

Thank you so much!