FRUSTRATION!!!

Options
After being a bit lost over the summer i came back to MFP family and was doing pretty good. :wink: Last week i had a 3 pound loss and i was very happy:smile:My week starts on Fidays so this past week I walked and hour on Fri, Sun,Wed, and Thur, and i worked out at the gym Tue and Thur.:smile::smile: I did 45 min treadmill, 45 mins bike and a 45 min body scult class.:noway: And i have gained 2.4 pounds.:explode: :explode: :explode: :angry: :mad: I cant figure out what i did wrong. My food choices were good and i never went over my cals. After being gone all summer (i maintained within 5 pounds) I came back hoping to get back on track and lose 1-2 pounds a week. What could possibly be going on? Any thoughts???

Replies

• bricker06
    Options
    After being a bit lost over the summer i came back to MFP family and was doing pretty good. :wink: Last week i had a 3 pound loss and i was very happy:smile:My week starts on Fidays so this past week I walked and hour on Fri, Sun,Wed, and Thur, and i worked out at the gym Tue and Thur.:smile::smile: I did 45 min treadmill, 45 mins bike and a 45 min body scult class.:noway: And i have gained 2.4 pounds.:explode: :explode: :explode: :angry: :mad: I cant figure out what i did wrong. My food choices were good and i never went over my cals. After being gone all summer (i maintained within 5 pounds) I came back hoping to get back on track and lose 1-2 pounds a week. What could possibly be going on? Any thoughts???
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    How much water are you consuming? With all of that extra activity you need at the very least your eight-8s, if not more!

Also, are you eating your excercise calories and measuring your body?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Remember that the fluids of the body are constantly in flux - muscles absorb fluid when under stress from exericse, cells retain fluids when salt is in the diet, etc, no factors for which fat loss has any relation. HANG ON and you will see your efforts pay off on the scale.

Just an FYI story.... when I take a few days OFF from exercise, the fluids tend to regulate, and I see a change on the scale. It will happen, don't let a number on a scale derail all your hard work! As long as your behaviour is consistent with weight loss / healthy lifestyle, you will see the scale change eventually!

Congrats on all the hard work you are doing!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bricker06
    Options
    Water 80 oz, and yes i eat my exercise cals.
  • beanface25
    Options
    Maybe with all of the exercising you are doing you are building muscle. Muscles tend to weigh more then fat.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Just a side note.... a woman who is doing serious strength training (exhausting each muscle a few times a week - which most of us do not do!) can only gain about 7-10 lbs of muscle a year without steroids, so while you may be gaining muscle, 2lbs of muscle in a week or two is highly unlikely.
    :flowerforyou: