Help! Need to find my mojo again!!!

Options
I was doing so great... I was done 24lbs... then I got sick.. flu for 2 days.. ... I had stomach issues for 2 weeks after no energy to do anything... then I got the flu again... now it's been over a week since I was sick last I am not at 100% but i know I can do something... problem... I can't get modivated to do anything... I have gained 2 plus lbs back and not eating well at all.... I see all my friends doing awesome but still can't bring myself to do anything about it. I feel like I am so far from the boat that I can't get in... HELP!!!! How do I find my focus again... I am eating all the crappy foods again... Summer is here and I want to loose the weight...

HELP!!!!! :angry:

Replies

• katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Start out slow by doing activities that get you out of the house but aren't necessarily work-outs. For example, go (window) shopping, go to a museum, check out any local festivals going on. Just try to avoid being sedentary. You will get your strength back soon!
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just get back on her and start logging all your food again, if you go over, keep logging it.
  • blottig
    blottig Posts: 16
    Options
    I am just starting to get back on track after being sick too. What I found helped was starting like I did in the beginning with small attainable goals like drinking all of the water for the day and skipping seconds at lunch & dinner. Then for exercise I started walking and doing some light calisthenics. Once I feel 100% better and get the momentum going again, I can start into the heavier exercise and more strict eating. I figure at least I am moving and doing good things for my body in the meantime. Good luck!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I had the flu recently too and for about a week all I did was mild cardio. You just need to force yourself to get back in the habit, after a couple work outs you should be back on track. Good Luck!
  • layasideEVERYweight
    Options
    Read something motivational...or go get a workout video..or watch a workout on t.v. YOU NEED A BOOST! You need a pick-me-up! THIS WILL HELP!!!! You can do this! Take a baby step....drink 8 cups of water today....then tomorrow cut out that piece of cake...whatever...baby steps out of your rut may take a little longer but guess what - they STILL equal YOU GETTING OUT OF YOUR RUT! :)
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Get some fresh air! Go for a short walk and get your body moving again! You'll feel soo great afterwards!

Do you have any before/during weight loss pics? I find that looking at my older pics when I'm discouraged significantly helps me stay motivated and get my butt back to it!
  • eugene1987
    eugene1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

Don't give up - just jump back in where you are - I had a bad week or two as well, gained a couple of pounds back, too - be faithful to log your foods in your diary - that is a good first step - It helps you to get a handle on what you are eating) As far as exercise goes, dont beat yourself up, just go out an walk a little if the weather is nice. It all helps you get back on track.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You are not far from the boat, don't worry! I'm sure you know that the hardest step is the first one. Taking that initiative to pass on the delicious, but bad foods, for our bodies. Once you take that step to eating healthier again and exercising you will be just fine! It's hard to recuperate after being sick for that long. Don't be too hard on yourself, just make sure you take that step to get back on track. You'll be find momma!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!! I have logged in my food for today.. so far so good!!! grass needs cutting so I think I will use that for my workout today!! Baby steps!! :flowerforyou:
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! It's lovely being outside and cutting the grass can be a good workout in itself! I'm trying to check out my local neighborhood more too (on foot rather than from the car, that is! ;) which I'm finding heaps of fun. I sometimes go with a local friend and we have fun commenting and rating all the houses. :) Keep it up, you can do it!